MBA A1466 EMC 2362, Different MD5sums OR no $SVS

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #7187 by F00dbrother
Hello there :)
First of all, thank you for your nice support :)

My environment:
  • MBA A1466 EMC 2362
  • Chipmunk Easy Flash Hirose-30 with 10cm cables
  • Raspberry Pi B+ with the original Raspberry cable

My results:
1. With a turned off MBA, which is connected via Magsafe/(and/or battery), I am able to read the ROM (8mb - NQ25Q064..3E) however all the checksums are different.
2. With a turned on MBA, which is connected via Magsafe/(and/or battery), EEprom/flashdevice is not found.
3.With a turned on MBA (58mins to wait display), which is connected via Magsafe/(and/or battery) and a forced read:
sudo flashrom -r ~/efi/Air1.bin -c N25Q065..3E -f -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0,spispeed=8000
I am able to get the same md5 sums... However, the .bin's do not have two $SVS, they are completely made up of ÓŻ's.

What could be the reason that the checksums never match or that the reads with the same md5 sums are completely garbage?

What I tried:
1. Checked cables, with and without HOLD and WP connected.
2. Adding " " to the name of the chip. --> Not able to get a read.
3. Playing around with the spispeed results in the same outcomes.

Thank you in advance!
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by F00dbrother.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #7192 by F00dbrother
The reason is:

I have to power up the EFI ROM seperately. Does some1 of you guys know, where do I have to put the 3,3V on the backside of the Logicboard to power up the ROM?

Thank you <3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 506 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies