A1342 (EMC 2395*) White Unibody 2.4Ghz ( SOLVED )

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #753 by fricosu007
Good day all and thanks for the great support !! already done 4 MacBooks using your files !

i am struggling to get my A1342 White Unibody EMC2395* to run without EFI lock, no luck, the dump available here is 4,111 KB and the one i am dumping from MX25l3205D SOIC8 is 4.096 KB, i have tried with the one you made over here : ghostlyhaks.com/forum/efi-firmware-dumps-requests/42-efi-firmware-request-macbook-mid-2010-emc-2395#199 which was indeed 4.096 and still no luck, i have modified the serial number as instructed on both dumps, after i flash the EFI it just reboot without doing anything, if i flash back to original it works but 6 digit pin iCloud problem, can you guys help me somehow ? Can i give the locked dump to take a look at it ? i have tried to search for $SVS but no trace.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by fricosu007.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #754 by fricosu007
SUCCESSSS !!! i did it !! i have managed to edit the hex with some Hex Fiend for OS X and found within the hex some information related to iCloud account, user information and probably EFI password was there too and i simply replaced that information with FFFFF .... now running installer :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #755 by fricosu007
Up Above you have the original ( LOCKED ) Bin, here is what i did ... i have copied some FFFFFF and replaced all that strings related to iCloud until the last picture ... and it worked, EFI removed ... you have the UNLOCKED attached as well, maybe someone will require it, don't forget to change the Serial Number, it starts with 450...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thaGH05T, blackseaguy

More
8 years 9 months ago #756 by thaGH05T
Thanks for posting this. I have to say I am not sure what all you FF'd out but it was definitely a lot of plain text stuff. I do not think this would pan out well with newer EFI firmware revisions :) Although this is sort of the way we came up with how we remove the firmware password. Now I think this is an old enough model where you didn't even have to flash it BUT good job. I think token.paul has more insight on this as the password is stored in plain text right token? Well, anyways all you have to do now is remove the icloud lock by clearing PRAM. Thanks again and don't be a stranger!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fricosu007

More
8 years 9 months ago #760 by fricosu007
Thank you Gho5T !

I have to say that i was probably just lucky, i have just started playing with some programmers, bought a few arduinos, rubber ducky, tensy, some digispark enabled attiny85, i did this dump using TL-866A but not with ICSP since there are some protections inside the programmer that makes some over current protection running and so on ... when i will clearly understand what i just did, than i will be able to give you guys my insights. I have to say that i tried reseting the PRAM with key combinations and removing the RAM with no result over the lock, after i have modified the dump above and soldered back the EFI on the board, i removed the RAM and HDD as well, then booted the mac up, when i sow that EFI boot was alive, plunged in the OS X installer flash driver and HDD when Mac was running .... and i continued with installing the system. I just could not wait for your reply to my first post, i have a problem with waiting :)) .... and no, you will find me here Gho5T, nice meting you ppl !

Who's Online

We have 817 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies