Latest MBP models

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 9 months ago #783 by mondo
Latest MBP models was created by mondo
Hey, i have an early 2015 A1502 emc 2835 ..
Attached is in image of the EFI chip It is unfortunately not an SOIC chip, but rather a Winbond WSON
I have two questions... if i can establish reliable probe connections to this chip or the copper pads on its traces, will theGHOST's guide work as it would with SOIC chips?
Or has apple changed things up a bit?

Secondly.. can anyone suggest a feasible way to probe into the chip? the copper pads seem like my best bet, but im not sure how to go about it..

Thanks if anyone can help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #784 by fricosu007
Replied by fricosu007 on topic Latest MBP models
hello ... yes you can follow Ghost's tutorial since pinout is identical and the same, just follow the pinout starting from the chip's pin nr 1, if you can read the chip model you can google for pinout if you are not sure ... but the picture you took from here : www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2724 is what you need. You can use a multimeter and check for the traces from the chip's pins to copper pads to make sure which is the correct pad for each of the chip;s pins. it's simple, you can easily do it with not so much knowledge.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by fricosu007.

More
8 years 9 months ago #800 by mondo
Replied by mondo on topic Latest MBP models
Thats good news. Im now at a dead end though, the WSON chip has barely 1mm of leg exposed and is flush with the chip casing.. The copper pads are tiny, and after trying to solder onto a few similar pads on a practice PCB, I've had to face facts that I have poor soldering skills. Unless i have the soldering equipment of a poor guy. Either way one of the traces from a copper pad to chip actually melted free of the fiberglass board.
Does anyone have any tips for making easy, safe, reliable contact to the chip or pads?
Would an electronics repair joint be able to do this without having to even really concentrate or frown constantly or swear?

Thanks for any help
Mondo

More
8 years 9 months ago #803 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic Latest MBP models
Unfortunately I do not know the pin-out of the new MBP mezzanine connectors. I do not think it is the same as the MBA but you are welcome to try the clip I developed. You could really help out bu finding the header and testing continuity to the legs of the chip. This will help me develop a clip for newer MBP's.

More
8 years 8 months ago #838 by VIPER_GE
Replied by VIPER_GE on topic Latest MBP models
me to interest if it same clip or not? customer give me MBP 2014 with firmware locked. hope it work with bruteforce :)

VIPER_GE

More
8 years 8 months ago #842 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic Latest MBP models
Brute force method does not require this clip as the clip is for flashing the EFI chip.

More
8 years 8 months ago #843 by VIPER_GE
Replied by VIPER_GE on topic Latest MBP models
understand! but, i mean i have Teensy 3.1 board and bruteforcing now A1502 efi lock, but, this morning it switched to main screen with icloud 4 pin enter mode, but when restart it 5 wrong pin entered it show only Folder with Question mark :( next restart with option key pressed and show again firmware locked. i think i need read EFI and remove efi lock region area and reflash. after reinstal OSX. But why it show folder with question? i don't have idea. thanks all. if i wrong write here something, DELETE it

VIPER_GE

Who's Online

We have 208 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies