Raspberry Pi B+ Pomona 5250 SOIC and A1278

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #7550 by Pandorica
Hi,

First of all, thanks for all of the comprehensive information on this site about Apple EFI. Its probably a good idea for me to point out I'm a complete beginner at this, so if I've done something stupidly obvious, please be kind.

I'm trying to dump the firmware from the EFI flash chip on a Macbook Pro 13" Late 2011 (A1278) model, but I'm not sure I'm wiring up the female-female cables from the SOIC clip to the Raspberry Pi B+ (2011.12) GPIO pins correctly. I'm following the detailed tutorial here:

ghostlyhaks.com/blog/blog/hacking/18-apple-efi-bypass

I've followed the guide for what cables need to go where, but every time I run flashrom I just get:

No EEPROM/flash device found.

The SOIC clip matches the small circle on pin 1, so I think the wires match up correctly. I'm assuming I haven't done the wiring part properly, but I noticed on the diagram that Pin 3 and Pin 7 also need to go the Pin 17 on the Raspberry Pi, but I'm not able to do this with the female wires I have. I purchased the following:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pomona-5250-test-clip-for-SOIC-8-Pin-SOP-EEPROM-24-25-93CXX-93C46-ICSP-M-F-USA-/171178171301?roken=cUgayN

I've attached my wiring setup, currently pin 3 and pin 7 are not connected to anything, would this still work? What am I doing wrong?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Pandorica.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #7810 by hex
Hello,

I think you don't have a Raspberry B+ but a B look at this documentation www.raspberry-projects.com/pi/pi-hardware/raspberry-pi-model-b/model-b-io-pins

Hex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 469 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies