what are the chances to bypass iphone activation

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 6 months ago #1487 by lxx33
I was just wondering.
Ipad and iphone iCloud activation is maybe one of the best activations so far.

Will there ever be a bypass or is that simple never possible.

My 2nd question.
What are the chances to alter an eeprom or whatever on a iphone so that it's possible to install other software (like ubuntu for phones :)

Let me know your thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1490 by thaGH05T
To answer your first question, yes many ppl are working on a real solution for this thats open source, but companies have already got this figured out. I am currently trying to do this as well but have set it to the back burner. And, to answer #2; making something else run on the iphone would require knowing the keys and having an unlocked bootloader. Simply put, you would have a better chance of climbing up a lions ass then getting Apple to get on board with this.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1543 by rileystudent
Only iOS device that you can bypass activation lock on via hardware is are 3G iPads.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1594 by thaGH05T
By removing a resistor right?

More
8 years 5 months ago #1611 by rileystudent
Correct. Basically your changing the board_ID resistors to trick the board into believing its wifi only. And when it goes to check for lock on apples servers it uses the serial number which shoes as clean as the 3G ipad use IMEI for lock

More
8 years 4 months ago #1857 by xEngeLx
Is there a place here to upload images with iPad unlock tutorials? I have such instructions for 6 models of GSM iPads, if someone needs.
Or, maybe we can put together a tutorial based on them...
I also have some iPad board schematics.

Let me know if that's relevant and needed.
Can't upload images... Gateway error 500 :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: nand0san

More
8 years 4 months ago #1868 by thaGH05T
Gateway error sounds like the site timed out because of the low upload; slow internet? You can create a tutorial if you would like and send me the images to put in the post. OR..... You can create a tutorial in the Blog section of the site and become a blogger? If you plan to blog about more than just one tutorial that is :)

More
6 years 6 months ago #8631 by brant
Here are what I know about how to bypass iCloud . Generally speaking, you can bypass iCloud Activation Lock via DNS. Just go to "Wi-Fi Settings" and choose the "i" symbol next to the WiFi network. Then you can emove the existing DNS, input the new DNS according to your location:
USA/North America: 104.154.51.7
Europe: 104.155.28.90
Asia: 104.155.220.58
Or you can the Official iPhone Unlock website to let iCloud bypass Activation Lock.

Who's Online

We have 425 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies