Material required - Anyone can guide me?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1565 by caraudioinstall
Hello, first of all I am new to the forum, I am not very used to flashing bios chips like this

I unlocked many icloud locked macbook, I was using the Teensy 3.1. This time the EFI is locked with another type of password and I am stuck.

I found this site with very useful infos, thanks to thaGH05T and other users for helping.

My question is, and maybe I didnt look at the site enough, but where can I buy the needed material, what I need to buy to make it easier overall for me.

I see you can use clips like this to make it easier? http://www.ebay.com/itm/251503260241

Is it a good idea?
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by caraudioinstall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #1567 by
if your in te uk i got mine from rs components. raspberry pi (only model A), panoma soic clip, female jumper wires (already had sufficient power supply for pi and a suitable micro sd card

More
8 years 5 months ago #1582 by caraudioinstall
Ok, for the clip this is what I need?

5250 POMONA TEST CLIP 8PIN SOIC

More
8 years 5 months ago #1583 by
Yes that's the one I got. I have the MX25L6406E efi chip. Wasn't a perfect fit but shaved some of the plastic around the connecting pins with Stanley blade and works perfectly

More
8 years 5 months ago #1586 by caraudioinstall
I am from Canada, so for the Raspberry PI board, I found the A+ only

Will it work?

http://www.buyapi.ca/product/raspberry-pi-model-a-256mb-ram/

Then what else? Sorry to bother and thanks for helping

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1587 by
Yes the model A+ is fine, that's what I got as it was the cheapest, then you want your soic clip and then some female jumper cables. You'll also need a cheap USB hub for the pi, a Wi-Fi dongle if yours has no Ethernet like mine and a micro USB power supply for it. i used my HTC phone charger and it's 5v and 1.5amps so powers the pi and the USB hub and my micro Wi-Fi adapter with no drop in power, the hub gives me ports for micro USB Wi-Fi dongle, keyboard and mouse
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by . Reason: Grammar
The following user(s) said Thank You: lolito

More
8 years 5 months ago #1694 by lolito
This information is great. thanks for the help.

I will continue the research, winter is coming, and we all have to be ready for it ;-)

Who's Online

We have 456 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies