How To Connect Raspberry Pi and clip?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1671 by GenoBimboAZ
I need to know a few things before I can proceed with the EFI flash.

I need to know what wires do I need? Just the 8 that comes with the Pomona clip or do I need to purchase additional wires?
Do I need anything extra to connect the wires to the Raspberry Pi and to the clip?
What do I need to connect the Pi to my workstation and how do I do it?
How would I know which wires to connect where?
How do I install Flashrom in OS X/Windows?

It's a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid-2014) 2.5 GHz i7 A1398 (EMC 2881) with EFI chip model: MX25L6406E

Here is the link to my chips datasheet for anyone that can help me wire these things properly: www.netcheif.com/Reviews/DIR-825AC/PDF/MX25L6406E.pdf

Also I really need help on how to run the process on Mac. I have Windows 7 installed as well but I do prefer OS X. Does anyone know the commands in OS X's Terminal?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by GenoBimboAZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1672 by CygnusX1

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1676 by GenoBimboAZ

CygnusX1 wrote: Look here. ghostlyhaks.com/blog/blog/hacking/18-apple-efi-bypass

I've found the diagram on which colored wires go where on the clip. Thanks. I have attached the diagram.

Can I connect the Pi to my workstation with a male-to-male USB cord? The Pi I bought came with an HDMI cord.

What are resistors, what do they do and do I need them? And last but not least I'd need the commands written for Terminal in OS X or Command Prompt in Windows 7.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by GenoBimboAZ.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1677 by CygnusX1
I run everything through the PI so I don't know about connecting it to a windows box via a usb cable.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 5 months ago #1679 by GenoBimboAZ

CygnusX1 wrote: I run everything through the PI so I don't know about connecting it to a windows box via a usb cable.

It isn't a Windows box, its installed via a partition on my Mac. I know Ghost can help me if he sees this thread!

More
8 years 5 months ago #1697 by thaGH05T
You need to connect the pi to your network, and obviously make sure you connect a monitor and peripherals to set that up. and you need to either use the peripherals or set up SSH connection and SSH into the pi from another machine.

Who's Online

We have 172 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies