Removing EFI lock iMac Pro A1862

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 9 months ago #10107 by Bigwezel
I've got my hands on a iMac Pro A1862. I've done thousands EFI unlocks and have a lot of knowledge about unlocking, but I can't figure out how to unlock the iMac Pro. I'm clueless for which chip holds the information that I'm searching for. There is one chip that should be the bios CMOS chip, but I've read that chip and it seems like it's just firmware for the disk and USB3. The chip I found was MXIC MX25L4006EZNI CMOS serial flash memory with 512KB size.

I guess the information is stored in the Apple T2 chip which I think makes it impossible to unlock it. Do you guys have any idea's?

For detailed pictures of the logic board you can check ifixit teardown of this particular model. I already completely removed the logic board of the iMac Pro to look at it real time, but I can't still figure out where the bios is located.

If anybody can help me unlock this I've got a hefty reward for you.

Thanks for you help already!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #10212 by quala
check mark in red
Attachments:

More
5 years 8 months ago #10295 by Bigwezel
Thanks man. I found the chip but now i´m clueless how to read this chip. Can anyone help me with that?

It's MX25U3235F 8-USON (4x3MM) 1.8 Volts.

What programmer to use and is there any adapter where this chip fits in.

Thanks!

More
5 years 7 months ago #10333 by quala
RT809F Conversion Block 25 series Low Voltage Chip Adapter

RT809F is very good

More
5 years 7 months ago #10346 by NexusChicken
I also have an iMac Pro but my problem is not an EFI lock. My problem is that I cannot boot from an external device, use single-user mode, or do anything else but boot into the iMac's OS. The bigger problem is that I can't use the OS because the hard drive has been erased. I have to use an administrator password set by the previous user in order to install macOS on this computer. Is there a way to bypass this?

More
5 years 7 months ago #10376 by quala
must read bios dump

Who's Online

We have 297 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies