Please help to get Macbook Air A1465 bios working

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 3 months ago #2074 by Bigwezel
o

File Attachment:

File Name: a14652015clean.zip
File Size:4,282 KB

Hello,

I already did tons of bios password removals in the past.

I seem to hit a brick wall at the moment. I got a Macbook Air a1465 2015 with efi password. I did these already in the past. I desolder the chip read, edit and write it back.

Now my programmer fucked up the chip in the middle of the first read of the chip. So i did not get a good read. I got a good bin from another Macbook Air which is exactly the same one. I wrote that bin on a new chip and soldered it back on the board. Now when i start the Macbook it starts extremly slow and it won't go any further than the Apple sign. It will also not boot to any usb software. I already resetted nvram and pram en did a smc reset.

I've read here somehwere on the forum that there's a unique signature which needs to be removed. I tried different bin's and all do the same. So what to do now?

The bin i wrote on the chip is in the attachments.

File Attachment:

File Name: a14652015clean.zip
File Size:4,282 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2095 by thaGH05T
Where did you get the attached file? Was it the original dump or one pulled from my repository, or off the internet somewhere???

More
8 years 3 months ago #2101 by Bigwezel
The original dump i was not able to get because the chip was fucked up by one of my co workers. This dump is taken from another Macbook Air which have exact same spec's and same year.

I've read somewhere on here that every dump has it's unique handshake with the CPU, that is why the dump from the other Macbook Air is not working. Can that be correct?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2105 by thaGH05T
Yea, the ME region is not touchable. Well... effectively. Not to my knowledge anyways. i am sure that others much more capable than myself have done a hell of a lot more than I have with this. As of right now I think your best bet is to purchase a chip from eBay that's preloaded with the firmware and email the seller asking them to simply send you the file and not the chip for brevity.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2116 by CygnusX1
I did exactly that and the guy sent me the dump for nothing!

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 3 months ago #2129 by thaGH05T
Really? That was a cool find! Maybe he would send them all to us for a price?

More
8 years 3 months ago #2153 by CygnusX1
I would contact him but eBay and I got into it over the fees so they suspended my account. Screw eBay! :evil:

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 3 months ago #2167 by Bigwezel
i bought a chip from ebay and contacted the seller.

The seller told me they clean regions so the chips make new handshake when they first startup. To my suprise when i bought the bin and loaded it into my chip it worked like it's used to. Somehow these people can clean bin's.

More
8 years 3 months ago #2169 by thaGH05T
Well, maybe if you ask nicely they will tell you how it is done :) I for one would love to know how.

Who's Online

We have 452 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies