MacBook 12" RETINA - FLASHROM DUMP OF EFI W25Q64F KEEPS CHANGING MD5SUM - A1534

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
4 years 3 months ago #11818 by kuruptor
Hey Guys,

i finally had the Time to take care of a MacBook 12" Retina which has an icloud Lock. I Attached the wires according to the Pinout of the Chip and the according to the Boards schematics.

I did it "in-System" without unsoldering the Chip., but no Battery nor Charger attached.

I think Flashrom seemed to recognize it as a different Chip but the READ, DUMP of the Chip went without Errors or Warnings. Just like mentioned in the Tutorial i read the Chip, 3 Times to make sure. To my Surprise all 3 had different MD5 Checksums. I checked the Connections, the Soldering but everything was fine.

So i tried another 3 Times. But with the same Result. I used the Tool "hexcompare" to find out that its always the same last Part / Block of the Chip which has some very little Differences.

the BIN Files do contain the $S.. String for the Password and the Serialnumber of the Device. But the String:.  "OVERRIDE ..." for the Serialnumber is missing. The Serialnumber itself however is in the File.

Given the Circumstances, i did not write to the Chip. So my Questions would be....
  • Does anyone know why the Content of the last Sector keeps Changing with ervery Read?
  • Does anyone know if this can be prevented by "READING and FLASHING" the CHIP outside the Board?
  • If so, can i just replace the Serialnumber or do i need the "OVERRIDE SN....." Part?
I would really appreciate any Help or Advice you people could give me....

BTW: I am using a Raspberry for flashing. I Already fölashed multiple iMacs and MacBookPro's with this one. But the Dumps then, were always the same MD% Checksum..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 205 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies