Is there any solution to iCloud 60 minutes loop

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 3 months ago #2372 by involutive
Hello there,

I was brute forcing a 2014 A1466 and hit the pin, so tried to use pass to unlock it. But I only can pass the EFI padlock screen with it. After passing efi padlock boot options appears; os x, recovery or external bootable os x and external install os x are all takes me to icloud screen. When icloud screen appears it reads Wait for 60 mins. I do wait but it automatically reads Wrong pass, Try again. So I googled it and coulnd't find a useful solution.

Tried nvram reset but no chance, mac goes directly to efi padlock screen after every boot.

So tried to use a bootable os x install usb to get in to efi setting in order to disable it with the pin but no chance when I get past through efi padlock screen with the pin; boot options appears and when I select the os x install usb same thing happens and icloud screen with 60 min crap appears.

Some says this happens after numerous failed attempts and should wait for up to 12 hours. So I waited well more than 12 hours and same 60 mins crap again.

Do you have any idea how to get icloud 4 digit pass screen back?

Ps: There is a bootcamp on this mac. And since I got the pin now, windows is accessible. I can see bootcamp, os x and efi drives in windows. If that matters. All other boot options gets same icloud screen with 60 mins loop.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2379 by CygnusX1
Put a USB OS X install drive into the Mac. Boot holding down the option key. When the padlock comes up, put in the pin number. Let it boot into the OS X boot disk. Once booted, go up to the firmware utility and make it is off. after the go erase the hard drive the partition it with one partition. After the close out of the utility and continue installation. After it installs and reboots to the wait 60 seconds screen, turn the Mac off. Now hold down the ctrl-opt-p-r keys to reset the PRAM. KEEP holding the keys until it reboots 3 times then let go.

Let me know how that works out for you.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 2 months ago #2380 by involutive
Thanks for the answer man but I mentioned earlier; it just won't let me to that.

"So tried to use a bootable os x install usb to get in to efi setting in order to disable it with the pin but no chance when I get past through efi padlock screen with the pin; boot options appears and when I select the os x install usb same thing happens and icloud screen with 60 min crap appears."

More
8 years 2 months ago #2381 by involutive
All of the boot options takes me directly to iCloud screen. None of them boots. OS X, Recovery partition, USB OS X, USB install OS X. None of them boots. All of them takes me to iCloud screen. And it reads same 60 minutes every single time. Waiting 60 minutes even for 15 hours. It won't show 4 digit pin boxes and automatically reads Wrong Code Try Again. Every singe time :(

More
8 years 2 months ago #2454 by thaGH05T
I think you need to remove the hard drive and test again trying to clear PRAM. This should get you going.

Who's Online

We have 162 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies