Are Apple EFI's now ENCRYPTED or something ..?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
2 years 10 months ago #12451 by A Ronery Mouse
There were terms I could RELIABLY find -- now, none of them are present within the BIN. 

However, my Medusa
saves the ROM
verifies it
I uploaded the BIN
verified BIN on PC with medusa
Verified Medusa with A1707

Still ... NOTHING in the BIN is cognizable. ?? 

BUT, all medusa functions still work; 

A1707 (2017)  Medusa II version 2.7Medusa tasks TESTED AND WORKING: • Display lots of information from the EFI-ROM • Clear PRAM • Clear $SVS • Clear ME  • Store Mac SN to Medusa • Edit Stored SN on Medusa • Write Stored SN to Mac • Fix checksum of Fsys block • Boot Mac -- SN updated correctly...

Some I tested just to ensure they'd work ... to verify that the situation was as crazy as it feels. 

Did I miss something MASSIVE that changed in the last 6 months..? Some update that encrypted this..? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #12454 by Hitiepoeh
Hi,

I have a A1707 with new logic board which I have to set the SN the same as the system (bottom case).
Did you had any luck with this? If yes, could you share me the steps to do it?

Thanks!

More
2 years 4 months ago #12513 by fuse_fuse
Same situation with many Macbook Pro TouchBar, 2016, 2017.
I tried 5 different models, 13" and 15".
I am using a TL866A an TL866Plus, I am able to read with the second one only, 
The dump I got looks correct for me (how do I know ? I search for serial number with "hwc" word, $svs I have two occurrence).
The Bin has the right size.
I tried to write a clean Bin didn't work. Tried the original didn't work either, I have the same symptom, the fan start spinning and nothing happen, the Cpu and Ram module warm up
I am looking for a method to make sure that my dump is a good before I erase and program, what I noticed is after programming the software make a verification and pop that programming failed ! I am looking for a way to verify before, the software doesn't have it.
Thanks for help

Who's Online

We have 587 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies