EFI cracking

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 2 months ago #2536 by TheRealSean
EFI cracking was created by TheRealSean
Hi all,

I bought a MacBook pro 2011 from Craigslist in San Francisco 6 months ago. I embarked on an adventure through central and south America four months ago. I am in Colombia now. Unfortunately in Mexico the laptop locked up. I've tried to contact the previous owner to no avail -- perhaps it was stolen.

When in Panama, I bought a new, cheaper Asus laptop. I would like to get around this EFI when I return to California.

My question: Do I need another computer to do this whole process? Does raspberry pi get plugged into another computer and then connected to the old MacBook? I watched the tutorial video and it appears that Ghost is writing lines of code and programming something, but how can I type things on my MacBook if I can't even get past the EFI lock screen, is this being done on another computer, or raspberry pi a computer itself, in which case I would need a monitor, mouse, and keyboard to plug it into..

As you can see I am quite lost and confused.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2537 by CygnusX1
Replied by CygnusX1 on topic EFI cracking
What model is it, the year and EMC#?

If I helped you buy me a latte!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 738 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies