I think I bricked it (EFI flash fail)

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 1 month ago #2783 by thaGH05T
I think you need to look at the chips datasheet to determine this, but the WP pin should only really need to be used when writing. Although, you may want to drive it either high or low, depending on what the datasheet says.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2830 by gdub
Checked data sheet and the voltage requirement is 2.7-3.6v. I ended up just changing the chip out from a donor board and flashed dump back to it with the correct serial # and it kept saying erase failed after I could clearly see it doing something. It DID write the new serial to the chip and the system runs fine, so I don't know. Maybe something is up with the Pi? OS not right? Weird. Anyway thanks so much for your willingness to help people with learning how to do this stuff, it's truly appreciated.

I'm a pretend Apple Surgeon

More
8 years 1 month ago #2858 by thaGH05T
I am glad it all worked out in the end.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2861 by CygnusX1

gdub wrote:

thaGH05T wrote: hmm, it looks as though this is correct, but that twisted wire to the 3.3v line is a mess. I am guessing you still have an issue with voltage drop. I would redo that and test voltage to all pins connected to 3v3. Also it would be a good idea to use a 2 amp power supply for the Pi.

It is a mess. I have already ordered new test wires as the ones that came with the Pi were m/f. I am running 2A power supply to Pi. I DID fix the "twisted wire" issue by making a more solid connection for the Hold and WP to the 3.3v line, but still had the same issue. I'm wondering if hooking all 3 of those to that line is drawing too much, which in turn is causing the voltage drop. Should the WP wire be hooked up or no? The tutorial said usually not needed. I have tested with WP as well as Hold unhooked. Chip is not found with Hold unhooked, but seems OK with WP unhooked.

Isn't there 2 .3.3v pins on that Pi?

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
8 years 1 month ago #2862 by thaGH05T
Should be, but I usually only use one for sanity.

Who's Online

We have 145 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies