MBA serial unavailable - internal error 460:0

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 11 months ago #2936 by neighborhoodguy
Hi All! So I unlocked a 2014 13" MacbookAir (ch341a, dump-clean'pwd'-clean'me'-pump) and I'm coming up with 'serial unavailable' in 'about this mac'. I checked the dump, and even looked up the serial in it (clean and correct). So I grabbed the Blank Board Serializer v1.06 and couldn't successfully boot it. (result=efi error on boot, apparently common, must be very old tool). So I tried v1.1 and was able to boot and enter a serial but the utility choked with 'internal error:460:0.

So, does anyone know what I broke and how to fix it?

Also, If I may, to all who have labored here; thank you for your time and contributions :woohoo:

I've attached the cleaned file.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2937 by neighborhoodguy
Ok, so I found the other post with serial unavailable here in the forum and grabbed the dump posted there
https://ghostlyhaks.com/forum/efi-firmware-dumps-requests/255-macbook-pro-15-retina-2-5-i7-mid-2014-emc-2881

And I'm seeing this phrase in both that dump and my dump: "MLB SN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" .... ok nevermind, see that in normal dumps too...

I'm seeing other accounts of the v1.1 serializer tool working for folks, but without their dumps, its hard to verify that its the same situation (most of them had board replacements, some had osx upgrades)

I'm wondering if the fact that I do have a serial in the dump is why the serial tool won't work... Or its just not a new enough version of the tool...

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2938 by neighborhoodguy
Huh, I just booted the MBA in Mountain Lion, and found that it now says "System Serial#" instead of serial unknown
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by neighborhoodguy. Reason: spelling

More
7 years 11 months ago #2959 by thaGH05T
Well, the file size must have remained the same, but all this patching you did went wrong somewhere. I suggest that you get your original bin file and only modify the serial number and give that a shot.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2973 by neighborhoodguy
Lol - I did - I used the bin from the repository, cleaned the ME region, then replaced the <model-number> string with the correct serial. Am i mistaken or is the <model-number> string 2bytes longer than a serial? the emc 2632 1.3 bin has the model-number where the serial goes, while the 1.4 bin has a serial there.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2994 by thaGH05T
I think yes, you may need to remove the <> and this will likely work out for you. What are you using to flash?

More
7 years 11 months ago #3092 by neighborhoodguy
Yes; I always assumed that the whole string to replace is <model-number>. Using a generic ch341 based programmer. Im interested in the clip - I've never damaged a board beyond repair removing eepropms but I've had nervous moments before... Also, I've noticed that some of the chips apple uses aren't recognized in the programmer but in those cases I've just used a more standard part (MXIC) and that's worked.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3115 by thaGH05T
As long as the chip footprint and specs are the same it should work with the original ROM flashed to it.

More
7 years 6 months ago #4580 by AllGoodBro
Hi. I got a similar problem. The thing is that I've reflashed the EFI with dump downloaded from your Repo and I've replaced the serial number as per your instructions. I've also checked the exact length of the dump as the Repo version has some string where serial goes, and this string is longer than it should be. I've also read the written chip afterwards just to double check it. MD5 was fine for both the source and the dump written onto the chip. The computer works fine but instead of Serial Number in 'About this Mac' appears 'System Serial#' in Mavericks OS, and "Unavailable" in El Capitan OS X. Everything seems to be good except I'm having the same problem with the ASD OS Internal Error. Although ASD EFI version works fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Who's Online

We have 512 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies