Unable to read chip - competitor clip

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 11 months ago #6963 by kaos42
I have a BlackcatUSB and Rebel Easy Clip and I have problems writing to the chip ( i messed it up, does not boot, just beeps now )

How can I add power to it, I have that 2$ clip you mention above.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #6965 by kaos42
i do not know what I did but I can not detect the chip on the computer anymore, I can read a black chip I have but not the one in the computer ... pffff

More
6 years 11 months ago #6969 by neighborhoodguy
Hi, probably shouldn't be trying to connect while board is running.

You can make your own clips using a battery status (BIL) connector for the short debug port, and a wifi connector for the long port. The schematics you need are 820-3330 (J31), 820-3437 (J43) which is A1466, and 820-00045 (J92)

Hmmm, maybe problem is because SPIROM_USE_MLB (needs to be hi) becomes PM_CLK_RUN_L (needs to be lo) on A1466?

More
6 years 11 months ago #6971 by yolito
hi neighborhoodguy ,I have retina 12" a1534 820-00244 with password,right now
no video.i cant programming bios
I have programmer ch341a,rt809f,tl866cs,ezp2010,sofi
what do you think this machine?
thanks in advance..

More
6 years 11 months ago #6985 by neighborhoodguy
I made my own clip using the battery indicator led connector from a 13" mbp, dumped it with a ch341, pushed it back, good to go. Clip has proven useful heh
BE SO VERY CAREFUL WHEN YOU OPEN IT!!!!
Might as well be an iphone. On the plus side I didnt have and power issues - got it on first try.

Why no video?

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #7083 by neighborhoodguy
Yup, yeah they do - does anyone know where to get the wide wson-8 zip socket? I have zifs for all the other eeprom types, the wide flat one I had to bodge something together

therealjayvi wrote: There are these little clip extensions you can buy for about ~$2 on Amazon or eBay that come in pretty handy for adding another 3v rail from an external source. Check the pic to see what I mean, there's a spot to solder a pin header or wire through. Makes it a lot easier and much safer. I got my first one when I bought a Sofi Programmer but you can buy them separately. Not sure really what they are called so you'll have to do some searching around.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by neighborhoodguy. Reason: oops, came up in wrong place

More
6 years 10 months ago #7084 by neighborhoodguy

therealjayvi wrote: There are these little clip extensions you can buy for about ~$2 on Amazon or eBay that come in pretty handy for adding another 3v rail from an external source. Check the pic to see what I mean, there's a spot to solder a pin header or wire through. Makes it a lot easier and much safer. I got my first one when I bought a Sofi Programmer but you can buy them separately. Not sure really what they are called so you'll have to do some searching around.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #7085 by neighborhoodguy
If you look at these and consider which lines go to the eeprom, you'll see what changes and you will understand what the switch is supposed to do... And why it shuts off the computer sometimes too

Also, I am using a ch341a usb programmer, and frequently with the newer macs it detects the chip as 128kilobytes instead of 8megs. When that happens I just set it to the mxic 8meg and it works. Sometimes it won't erase and program sucessfully unless I power cycle the eeprom power - I leave the battery in and pull the magsafe, count to 5 and reattach it. IIRC on those units the eeprom gets no power in battery/s5 state, so removing the magsafe drops power to eeprom providing the needed power cycling (eeprom gets power in s5/adapter state) Without causing the unit to boot (as it would if you had detached battery too, which is frustrating when it happens because you either have to hit debug power button or open it enough to reach power button to turn off).
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by neighborhoodguy. Reason: typo

More
6 years 8 months ago #7504 by curiousdave
That is not competitor clip. That is the original clips they copied. At first stole the Kadentech clips and then Rebel clips with the program from me. There will no no certain answer to your question as these guys got no clue what they are doing.

More
6 years 8 months ago #7508 by therealjayvi
If you do not quit posting absolutely untrue slander about topics you clearly have no clue what you're talking about you will be banned and your ip address recorded. This is your last warning.

Who's Online

We have 361 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies