Hit my first snag...

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3514 by mtronmeta
Got an error at the "sudo make" Flashrom part of the EFI tutorial.... Not sure if I can ignore it or not.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by mtronmeta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3515 by mtronmeta
Replied by mtronmeta on topic Hit my first snag...
The error went away after running sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev
PS I was getting a "Sudo: command not found" message when I tried to paste the Blacklist command "Sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf" from the tutoreal page I then noticed the "S" was capitalized unlike the other commands up until that one, I switched it to lowercase and it worked.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3523 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic Hit my first snag...
That is the caveat to copying and pasting my friend :) Was the libusb install in the video tutorial or the written tutorial?

More
7 years 10 months ago #3663 by mtronmeta
Replied by mtronmeta on topic Hit my first snag...

thaGH05T wrote: That is the caveat to copying and pasting my friend :) Was the libusb install in the video tutorial or the written tutorial?

I Defnitly understand the draw backs of copying and pating now lol. The libusb install is in the written tutorial.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3692 by reverendalc
Replied by reverendalc on topic Hit my first snag...
if you run into problems, you can always type "man <command>" to learn about arguments and syntax. example: "man sudo" will explain to you what sudo does and how to use it

except that won't help if you're mistyping the command name (-; terminals are case sensitive all day long
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by reverendalc.

Who's Online

We have 189 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies