imac 27 a1419 emc 2639 QUESTIONS WHERE TO START

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 7 months ago #4377 by thecheekymonkey
Thanks for reading customer brought in this imac, tried to reinstall, wiped drive and now asked for bios password. ive read / reading forums and have found a virgin dump for this particular imac. I have no problems getting my hands dirty etc have done plenty of stuff like this in the past, but am just wondering does this definatley have the spi flash (non bga) chip. do i have to remove this chip? or does it have the service port inside.

what is the best / cheapest programmer to buy (any links) thanks, im in the UK

all help appreciated, im continuing to read the forums thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #4385 by thecheekymonkey
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by thecheekymonkey.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4386 by CygnusX1

thecheekymonkey wrote: would a TL866 programmer be good? or ebay link here

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TL866A-USB-Universal-Minipro-Programmer-Kit-EEPROM-FLASH-ICSP-SPI-Adapter-Socket-/311659772997?hash=item48905ebc45:g:pr0AAOSwj2dXjfua

thanks

I do believe that it has a SOIC8 clip type chip. I would recommend that programmer. Just get a raspberry PI for reliability.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 7 months ago #4391 by thecheekymonkey
i have a raspberry pi, which test clip should i buy? any thanks

More
7 years 7 months ago #4392 by ggltech
The bios chip should be u6100. 8 Pin SOIC

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thecheekymonkey

More
7 years 7 months ago #4394 by CygnusX1
This is the chip.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Attachments:

More
7 years 6 months ago #4708 by thecheekymonkey
thanks, i will get back to this post shortly, have just done a MBP by raspberry pi just directly soldering, but shall be doing this mac fairly soon so will update once done, many thanks

More
7 years 6 months ago #4742 by reverendalc
does this iMac ONLY have an EFI password, and NOT an iCloud lock?

you could remove the hard drive, install rEFInd (or other boot loader) which will give you access to single-user mode, where you can manually clear the NVRAM with "nvram -c" from the terminal

More
7 years 6 months ago #4743 by thecheekymonkey
it was EFI on imac but to be honest i like the hardware playing. but might set that up just to test it thanks....

More
7 years 6 months ago #4744 by reverendalc
yes, the hardware method is both handy AND fun... if you work on computers like this often, it's a valuable (and marketable) skill.

i enjoy trying to find multiple ways around things.

the boot loader method is only viable on standard EFI locks, and not iCloud locks, so figuring out the hardware method has a greater application span. that being said though, you can likely perform the rEFInd unlock with out purchasing (and waiting for delivery of) any additional equipment.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5472 by lolito
I am on the same boat, iMac A1419, EMC 2639, Late 2013, i5 3.2 Ghz, 27"

This one has a 6 digits code, 4 digit brute force usb did not found any 4 digits code. My plan is to remove the display/glass, that is glued, access to the chip, read the dumb, and send it here for the repository, as I see in the repository there are no dumbs requested.

I assume the soic8 chip is in the outer side of the logic board, right? So I don't need to dissasemble that.

Am I on the good track? any suggestions? It's a bit of a risk for me to try on this machine without a code in the repository... kinda scary, but you guys provided info into how to edit the code, so I could try that, but any little help to clean the dumb would be great. I have done this many times in mac minis and macbooks with my soic8 clip and small programmer, but never tired thsi imac model, and it's an expensive glass to remove ;-)

More
7 years 4 months ago #5473 by reverendalc
Warm the glass edge with a hair dryer and use a pizza cutter or xacto knife to cut the adhesive. It's a foam tape. It sucks.

The chip should be facing you once you've removed the LCD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stopme

Who's Online

We have 551 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies