mid 2012 macbook pro EFI

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #595 by 4lyfe
Hi,

i got a macbook locked with EFI
model number: A1278
processor: i5 2.5GHz
EMC: 2554

i tried to follow your tutorial in the video but i struggle to understand the steps after you type cd flashrom then you talk about "working directory being EFI and you say if you have mine" where do we get yours from because when i type ls i get "python_games". nothing after this works for me.

i have taken a picture of the error i get when i try to read the chip and i have also attached pictures of the wires and pomona clip.

please help me. thanks

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by 4lyfe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #597 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic mid 2012 macbook pro EFI
Well, first off you need to understand the command that you are typing. This is explained in the written tutorial. The working directory can be anything you choose. I have not uploaded my image yet as it is very large. But I will likely do it soon for ease. It looks like the only error you get is the chip isn't found. So you need to absolutely make sure the clip is seated and oriented the correct way. As far as I can tell your pin-out is fine, but you need to triple check it. Other than the connection everything looks ok. once the command succeeds you will find the efi directory and bin file in your home directory.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 233 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies