A1502 E2875 EFIDL Success!

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 2 months ago #9243 by dgb
Hi all,

Here's what worked for me with an MBP A1502 E2875.

**** IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to remove approximately four motherboard screws near the rear-edge of the case in order to lift up the motherboard a little to attach the EZ Clip V4.0.2, as the clip needs to be oriented with the wires facing AWAY from the battery (over the back edge of the case, which is really high in this case). I have not yet seen another Mac where this was the case.

1) Power state MagSafe ON and Battery ON.
2) SMC reset (Shift+Ctrl+option), then power cycle the MBP (to end with it off).
3) Connect EZ Clip V4.0.2 attached to EFIDL.
4) Power up EFIDL and wait for it to successfully complete (flashing green).
5) PRAM reset (Ctrl+Option+P+R, recommended through three reboots, though I did only one when I did this).

This fairly straightforward process, after figuring out the correct clip orientation and that I needed to reset the SMC and PRAM, worked for me. If you have trouble, I would recommend (as always) to try the different power states, try different states of shutdown (from the regular lock screen versus what might be seen from Alt-booting, seemed to have different effects on the behavior of the EFIDL), and after clearing the SMC and/or PRAM.

Thanks to thaGH05T and all others whose various tips I compiled to get this one figured out!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 241 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies