2015 Macbook Pro A1398 EFI Light Not Working

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
5 years 3 months ago #10890 by jwoodbury11
Hello, 

I have followed all instructions and tried every combination/power state possible. Here is a video of me seemingly doing everything correctly.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #10918 by briben69
I am also having the exact same problem. Get blue then slow green flash and still have efi locked. Have tried multiple times and same outcome.  mid-2015 15" mbp A1398 EMC2909

More
5 years 2 months ago #10936 by B1gD4ddy
after unlock hit the power button and then  hold down alt+option+r key +p key all four keys down and let it chime twice after the second chime you should be good to go and holding down option to boot to your media.. erase drive reload os and setup new icloud account

More
5 years 2 months ago #10944 by briben69
That still does not work. I never got the second chime and it goes right back to the locked efi screen. I ordered a raspberry pi and was able to rewrite the efi file and it worked! Im just bummed I wasted $200 on something that said it would work when I could have gotten away with a $40 pi and the $30 ezflash adapter

Who's Online

We have 808 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies