EFI Destroyer Lite - DIY Kit

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5278 by reverendalc
is there still a need for diagram and photo information?

i'm back, and able to help

also, the lite is unattended password removal.
the next iteration will offer much more...
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by reverendalc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5279 by Evildxtreme1
Yes just post a pin out diagram going from the destroyer light to a Sonoma clip showing the three wires that connect together please.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5280 by reverendalc
ok i will post several configurations when i get home tonight.
thanks for your interest in the DIY kit!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evildxtreme1

More
7 years 4 months ago #5285 by justin_gen
just saw post about enclosure.. Was the enclosure supposed to be included? I saw pics of it relating to the assembled unit, but i did not receive a case with my kit form efid. Is that a seperate purchase?

Also, im under the impression that my card is blank or maybe not written as it should be. ive tried this thing on at least 10 different units - is not doing a thing. i have not erased it so I guess i should hop in line for a remote session?

initially i was going to flame thaGho5t for not providing source, but almost instantly realized- you have and are investing alot of time into projects that have instantly been e-raped for profit by various organizations that shall remain nameless. I absolutely understand and agree, just a little bit of quiet frustration at needing additional help to confirm the unit has an issue or if I am the issue...

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5286 by Michael_Reyes

The video is a great resource and it goes in great detail on how someone should assemble the components to the board.
I've also created a quick drawing showing where the components should be connected too.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Michael_Reyes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: e1000, mtronmeta

More
7 years 4 months ago #5287 by Evildxtreme1
Great diagram for the diy kit. We still need a diagram showing how the separately sold "8 pin Pomona clip" wires to the board by showing the soic chip VCC, HOLD, and WP# location and how they tie together for new costumers. This will reduce a lot of confusion and support issues on the mac's that have to be accessed in this way. When do you think you will have time to get that out?

More
7 years 4 months ago #5290 by TNJed
Replied by TNJed on topic EFI Destroyer Lite - DIY Kit

justin_gen wrote: just saw post about enclosure.. Was the enclosure supposed to be included? I saw pics of it relating to the assembled unit, but i did not receive a case with my kit form efid. Is that a seperate purchase? ...

Sold separately. Click on the shop link in the title bar (don't use the dropdown) and they're right there. Cool extra touch and it'll keep you from accidentally hitting the button while flashing. :)

More
7 years 4 months ago #5291 by thaGH05T
Michael_Reyes Can you please post a schematic to the chip/pomona adapter?? It would really help a lot!

More
7 years 4 months ago #5293 by reverendalc

position your pomona over the chip. i've drawn a black dot on my pomona clip to correspond to the orientation dot on the chip
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #5294 by reverendalc

justin_gen wrote: initially i was going to flame thaGho5t for not providing source, but almost instantly realized- you have and are investing alot of time into projects that have instantly been e-raped for profit by various organizations that shall remain nameless. I absolutely understand and agree, just a little bit of quiet frustration at needing additional help to confirm the unit has an issue or if I am the issue...

thanks for your understanding. too many hours have gone into the destroyer to give away the code (-;
please do reach out, we will do all we can to get everybody up and running

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5300 by Michael_Reyes

Hello,

I've updated the diagram and added the Pamona 8-SOIC Clip with its corresponding Pins.
Pins 3, 7 and 8 should all connect together and routed to PIN V on the Destroyer Lite board.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Michael_Reyes.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5309 by Evildxtreme1
OK so everything is per the tutorial on the DIY kit but when its plugged to power it flashes blue. If I plug it to the board the blue flashing light will go out for a minute then red pops up solid for a minute then goes out. Really agrivating. I bought it before the were any tutorial and I think its went south. It's connected to a pnoma chip and I have tried both diagrams you have put out. The vcc only and the vcc, hold, and wp# connected together. I think I should have bought this assembled concidering there was ne instructions on assembly. whish I could say it was a success but it wasn't. Any suggestions? Is it a bad flash to the destroyer?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Evildxtreme1.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5312 by Michael_Reyes
Evildxtreme1,

Try using the EFI Destroyer lite with the Mac's battery unplugged and with Magsafe power connected. If that doesn't work. Try it the other way around.
Also, how are you powering the Destroyer Lite board. It is possible that your power supply doesn't have enough amperage to handle the power surge. Try using a 750mA or higher power supply. Make sure you don't exceeds 5Vdc though.

I've had similar issues using the Raspberry PI method, which is why I am making the above recommendations.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5313 by reverendalc
Yes when attempting to connect to the EFI chip (especially) through a header:
You must have sufficient power (amperage)
You must have short wires (I use 4")

Also, depending on who-knows-what, you must try different power states on the mac:
Battery on, MagSafe off
Or
MagSafe on, battery off
Or battery and MagSafe on, sometimes fully charged is the key.

Then some 2015 models will require powering the Mac on to the lock screen, closing the lid and connecting.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5314 by Evildxtreme1
I am using a Samsung 5vdc wall charger. I've also used a few others this morning with lower values. I have tried the different power states on the MacBook. I just don't understand why I am getting a blue flash instead of the green and red flash like shown. Only thing that was done wrong assembling the thing was the led because the pin out was not presented when released. But was corrected before applying power to it because I was waiting on a ponoma clip to come in. But at the same time my led pins were cut to short and was a task to correct when they put the diagram out over a week after the release. I do think this is a good product but the site ultimately failed to release the diy kit in the right way. Also not showing pin out diagrams to adaptors not included. I'm not flaming this site in anyway but I've have been soldering straight to boards and true reflowing them for years and can't see what could be wrong with the thing. I'm going to contact a admin and see if I can't come to a resolution on this.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Evildxtreme1.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5315 by thaGH05T
Diagrams and videos were provided, and it's because you soldered your led incorrectly. The common anode goes to 3v.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5316 by Evildxtreme1
That was before the diagram was put out. It is correct now and will post a pic when I get home.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5317 by reverendalc
the efid lite isn't legos...

between the packaging insert and the online docs, the information is/was there. perhaps it's there in greater clarity now due to community request...

i don't know your level of expertise in soldering or how advanced your understanding of electrical engineering is.

pre-assembled units were offered alongside DIY units for those not interested in the journey.

admins and community members alike are happy to help, so flaming while "not flaming" isn't necessary (-;

More
7 years 4 months ago #5318 by Evildxtreme1
I'm not trying to be a pain and have several unboxing video to support projects like this on my channel. It's clearly stated above the diagrams where not presented. Just want to be happy with this thing.
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #5319 by Evildxtreme1
Understood about flaming but not flaming. But now I'm getting attention and would like to how I can go forward with this. What is your recommendation. If the led is in correct orientation what in your opinion is causing the blue flash?

Who's Online

We have 639 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies