EFI Destroyer Lite - DIY Kit

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 4 months ago #5320 by thaGH05T
Alright, so whenever you get back we can get on remote and well fix the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evildxtreme1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5321 by reverendalc
Ok well let's put all that behind us. We are here to help and stand behind the product and the user experience. ThaGH05T is right, when you're at your computer with your equipment ready, I'm sure somebody will be available and happy to help you sort it out.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5331 by TNJed
Replied by TNJed on topic EFI Destroyer Lite - DIY Kit
Wow, not the kind of posts that help build community. I started the thread with a simple question regarding the pin placement of the LED on the Teensy board. REVERANDalc, I've read many posts from you that have taught me a lot and helped many others as well. For that I'm truly grateful. Having said that, I got everything I needed for assembly from the supplied usage document and the video except for the LED pinout. If that can be discerned from the half page usage doc, I'm missing something, but no big deal, it's been answered now.

Evildxteme1, you've been pretty agro in many of your posts. These guys have been working hard and freely sharing for quite some time. Think you need to cut them some slack and show a little more patience. Proper functioning of the LEDs is essential as otherwise you're flying blind while doing something that has some potential to brick your computer. I get that and have yet to successfully unlock a Mac with my EFIDL. But I also haven't had time to rework my LED based on the diagram that was posted.

I think everyone needs to chill a bit. I just want to work together to figure things out and not waste energy bickering.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5332 by reverendalc
Sigh. That's very true.

I apologize for allowing myself to be drawn into conflict.

It's my one goal to provide everybody with the best experience possible regardless of their aptitudes.

Apologies to the community.

Let's just move foreward.

If you need help, don't be afraid to ask. If we missed something, we're human.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by reverendalc.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5334 by Evildxtreme1
I think maybe my post have been taken out of context with the exception of today's post. Maybe it was the red text. lol I have bragged and said this is a great product in several post. Hell I think it was thaGhost but one of the admins emailed me there number when I was asking about not having a header on the board. He explained it takes a ponoma clip and will access through the soic chip connecting hold,vcc, and tm# together. Which really impressed me passing out his number like that which tells me its a legit product.

I think I was more or less disappointed because I wanted to be part of the process and getting the diy kit and even though I was patient in waiting on straightforward diagrams it still did not work. If I seemed agro in a few post I'm sorry it was out of text and misunderstood. I would be protective as well with my post being said but again I think the info should have been easily accessed under a diy subcategory way sooner.

I also have a project that would help a lot of people that I actually want to talk to you guys about and would definitely benefit both parties using the same hardware. You guys are far beyond my ability in accessing these devices. But ya no thin skin here just interest in what you have. I won't be home till late so hopefully catch up tomorrow at your convenience to get this fixed remotely.

Much luv,
Evildxtreme

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5335 by reverendalc
thanks for your support

we're doing the best we can.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by reverendalc.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5374 by thaGH05T
Hey, hope its all hashed out now girls ;) What can I help any of you out with? Please be detailed so I can better help you.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5379 by reverendalc

More
7 years 4 months ago #5380 by Evildxtreme1
Just pm you

More
7 years 4 months ago #5385 by thaGH05T
Elite doesn't exist yet for the consumer :)

More
7 years 4 months ago #5387 by reverendalc
Hey, you can't spell "elite" without "lite"

More
7 years 4 months ago #5394 by Evildxtreme1
The issue I was having was the led. I tried to make the leads short and clean and without having the orientation for the led i had to take off and resolder. I think it got to hot and burned out the green. So here's where I'm at as of now. I bought a RGB led from local electronic store near me. Installed per guide but the blue and green are switched through the process but seems to work fine and show the what's its doing. Lol I've tried all power states and the device shows the password was destroyed. When I power it on there is still the 4 pin password code. I can hold option and recovery comes up with only one recovery drive option available 10.9.4 but when clicked back to the 4 pin pass code. This is on the second pinout picture you guys posted for the ponoma clip. I'm a mac tard so any suggestions. Before the destroyer it wouldn't even let me get recovery to pull up. Here is a video link if allowed of the process to give you a visual.

More
7 years 4 months ago #5396 by johnnguyen8891
Reset your pram

More
7 years 4 months ago #5397 by reverendalc
you're there! you must reset NVRAM now
then you can load OS X installer

More
7 years 4 months ago #5398 by Evildxtreme1
Hell to the ya. I want to thank and apologies to everyone on this site for getting frustrated. I stepped back and thought the only problem could be the led. I am very intuitive when it comes to jtag, windows, Android base products but now I'm going to jump in and learn a thing or two about the Mac world because it belittled me for a few days there. Again great product guys.

Again I want to talk to you guys about an exploit that needs to be done on another project soon. If it's good Saturday evening I would like to talk to someone about it. Who would that person be?
Attachments:

More
7 years 4 months ago #5399 by reverendalc
welcome to the profit club!

thagh05t is the man at the helm of this ship

More
7 years 4 months ago #5400 by Evildxtreme1
So once I run through the installer is everything gtg? There is nothing needed to keep it from getting locked again?

More
7 years 4 months ago #5402 by johnnguyen8891
correct!

More
7 years 4 months ago #5403 by reverendalc
correct. once you've reinstalled OS X and cleared the NVRAM, it's yours.

the superstitious will recommend to sign into iCloud with your own account to create a new association, but i think that's overkill

More
7 years 4 months ago #5408 by thaGH05T
In the end the EFIDL has proven to be quite the tool then yes??

Who's Online

We have 503 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies