A place to post Bug header locations & info

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5215 by Evildxtreme1
Please post the bug header locations for each board to place the easy adapters? This would help a lot of confusion for new users.

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Evildxtreme1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5220 by k-pax
HI Evildxtreme1,this logic board 820-3115 not have conector,remove chip of bios and programming

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5223 by Evildxtreme1
Ok what I have found out is some of the 2012 model MacBook pro does not have this the debug header on the programming part of the board. The 820-3115 board is one of those I'm referring to. I talk to one of the admin and it will have to be accessed at the soic8 chip with the Pomona clip like in previous tutorials. What they are saying is you can take the easy adaptor off and connect the destroyer lite to the Pomona clip. From my understand is you will use three wires to a single wire/point on the destroyer sense the Pomona clip has 8 wire to the destroyer having 6. The destroyer will still be automated is the way I'm taking it. Still it will be a great tool if this is correctl. Add a cheap piece of hardware to your kit and gtg. The admin told me he was going to have someone add this to the written tutorial.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this in anyway. I didn't get your name but wanted to thank you for the support.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TNJed

More
7 years 5 months ago #5224 by Evildxtreme1
I just wish I invested more time and knew who to take advice from. Lol I had three different people tell me it was on the bottom of the board. Which gave me more questions as in what needs to be hooked up while power cord atatched to the board. In a hurry I took it out and had a look. Lesson learned and hope this helps someone who might not have the ability to put it back together properly.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5232 by TNJed

Evildxtreme1 wrote: ... What they are saying is you can take the easy adaptor off and connect the destroyer lite to the Pomona clip. From my understand is you will use three wires to a single wire/point on the destroyer sense the Pomona clip has 8 wire to the destroyer having 6. The destroyer will still be automated is the way I'm taking it...

Thanks for bringing this up. I just got my kit today and was thinking it should work with a Pomona clip on older models but would definitely like to get some knowledgeable confirmation as opposed to taking the risk of bricking a MacBook.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5233 by TNJed
BTW, I've used the second post from this link numerous times to simplify locating various EFI BIOS chips that use the Pomona clip for programming: www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2724

More
7 years 5 months ago #5242 by Evildxtreme1
Thanks for the info

More
7 years 5 months ago #5245 by sm
Just to get this straight, you are saying that motherboards usually have both the Debug headers and the 8 pin chip. Which, you can connect to either, but in your case, you only have the 8 pin chip and no debug header?
Also can you confirm or deny whether the 8 pin chip was on the bottom side of the board?

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5247 by Evildxtreme1
No on them having both and no the 8 pin is on top of the board. The above post is how I am understanding it from talking to the admin. They would have to chime in to give definite answers. I'm following this as everyone else. He did say the Pomona clip would work with the destroyer lite and still be automated. I ordered one and will keep everyone posted when it gets here. In there tutorial they show the three post combined to one pin on the pi. I'm assuming it will be the same on the destroyer. Can a admin confirm any of this so there is no miss informed information as again I'm a follower/customer of the destroyer lite.

More
7 years 5 months ago #5257 by TNJed
While it typically is, don't assume the BIOS chip is always on the exposed side of the board. I successfully flashed one several months back that had the chip on the bottom side but for the life of me I can't remember whether it was an iMac or MBP let alone what model it was. I do recall it being a pain!

More
7 years 5 months ago #5264 by thaGH05T
Hey, the 6 pins are pretty self explanatory on the Easy Flash adapters, but the Pomona clip has 8 pins. If you tie VCC, HOLD, and WP# together you will be just fine. I will post a pinout when I get a chance to do so, but am driving right now. #therealjayvee can you post it if you get a free moment.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5276 by Evildxtreme1
I seen the image in the previous tutorial where you do basically the same with pi. My Pomona clip will be in tomorrow and will wait for your post of the pin out before attempting the unlock. I think people need to be patient in support as this is a launch of a new product from the sight and need to realize you are not just going to pass the flash to them which is understandable. It is good they can now get it remotely to solve the problem and move on. The image below is what I was referring to about basically being the same.
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #5292 by thaGH05T

More
7 years 5 months ago #5337 by reverendalc
just to add some clarification:

the efid, just like the raspberry pi (or any SPI programmer for that matter) will work with the appropriate adapter as well as the pomona clip.
you may view the pomona clip as you view the adapter: a means of connecting to the chip

whichever means is applicable to your mac, you're good to go.

in my experience, if the chip is on the underside of the board, there is a debug header accessible.

2015+ iMacs do not have headers or SOIC packages )-;

i think all MacBook pro (retina too) models 2014- have soic8, while you'll use the debug header on MacBook air 2011+
macbook pro retina 2015+ and macbook 12" have WSON package and 12pin header (4.0.3)

2010- macbook air has header, but should use pomona clip because EFI package is SOIC8

More
7 years 5 months ago #5377 by thaGH05T
I would also like to reiterate that the EFIDL does NOT cover 2010 models ;)

Who's Online

We have 321 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies