EFIDL light issues

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 2 months ago #6354 by SomeGuy
EFIDL light issues was created by SomeGuy
I have used this tool many times on same exact model MBA its a A1465 2014 etc 2631 now light blinks red to yellow until I attach it to MBA then it goes red and stays like that it use to go blue I am pretty sure I didn't hit the reset button what can I do??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6356 by CygnusX1
Replied by CygnusX1 on topic EFIDL light issues
Do you have the battery and magsafe connected when you try to erase it?

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 2 months ago #6359 by SomeGuy
Replied by SomeGuy on topic EFIDL light issues
No somehow I ruined it or burnt it up I think meaning the EFIDL because I unlocked like 15 MBA all the same models and even some I already unlocked went back and tried again and samething it goes red and for some reason sometimes a light comes on orange where the CS connects on the efidl ... I also see burn marks on the needles I guess I need to buy another one. I should of just left it all connected to the wires and the MBA adapter but I figured I could always just put it back together which I have done a few times previously. I don't know how I ruined it but pretty sure its burned up even though it does go from red to yellow when I turn it on just never goes blue . I used my other tool and probed the vcc and unlocked the rest of my Macs which btw is a pain in the ass because I had to literally guess where to put it to turn on chip finally I got it

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6370 by SomeGuy
I am pretty sure I messed it up it only goes to red now when I put it on the board. Can it be fixed??? I mean can I send it to someone and pay one of you to fix it for me?? or at least ill buy another one for $150 just for the tool I have the adapters etc..

I was able to use my other tool but I have to remove mb and probe it and stuff and that just takes too much work even though I am pretty good at it now just the EFIDL is so much easier just pop it on and 20 secs later unlocked damn I should of left it all connected meaning the wires from the EFIDL to the adapter I just figured I could always connect them back later boy was I wrong!!
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by SomeGuy.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6372 by SomeGuy
Here is the tool now it has black marks I believe them were not present before and it only turns red can it be fixed?
Attachments:

More
7 years 2 months ago #6377 by SomeGuy
Burn marks and all btw didn't work none last night decided to pull my EFIDL out and then I said a prayer please G-d let it work I plugged it up and it went green I got so excited then went blue and then 15 secs later blinked green a few times... I didn't think he would listen to me over a Mac tool lol but he did now it works!!!

Who's Online

We have 256 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies