EFIDL Unsuccessful on 2015 MacBook Air 11 & 13

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 2 months ago #6369 by SpitBaller
I'm having an issue with my EFIDL -- I am currently testing it with two Macs with the same issue - Both 2015 MacBook Airs. One is a 11" the other 13"

I have tried all power modes and LED indicator lets me know it's successfully removed the password from the chip. However, I am unable to reset the PRAM and am greeted with the lock screen on both models.

I have tried removing the VCC cable with the exact same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6371 by CygnusX1

ridiculously wrote: I'm having an issue with my EFIDL -- I am currently testing it with two Macs with the same issue - Both 2015 MacBook Airs. One is a 11" the other 13"

I have tried all power modes and LED indicator lets me know it's successfully removed the password from the chip. However, I am unable to reset the PRAM and am greeted with the lock screen on both models.

I have tried removing the VCC cable with the exact same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are the model numbers?

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6375 by SpitBaller

CygnusX1 wrote:

ridiculously wrote: I'm having an issue with my EFIDL -- I am currently testing it with two Macs with the same issue - Both 2015 MacBook Airs. One is a 11" the other 13"

What are the model numbers?

MJVM2LL/A* Model A1465 (EMC 2924)

MJVE2LL/A* Model A1466 (EMC 2925)

I also have another 2015 11" Air that it worked on the second time, so I can confirm the device works. (erased password using standard method with VCC connected)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by SpitBaller.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6376 by SpitBaller
I've been looking around the forum for tips and tricks, none have been successful as of this point, but I will post them to save time troubleshooting:

1. Reset SMC, booted to lock screen, shut down.

2. Removed SSD, booted to ? screen, shut down.

3. Removed VCC AND Ground Connectors

4. Swapped SSD with working OSX into machine (still booted to ? screen)

I'm open and eager for more suggestions. It's just odd that the EFIDL worked on ONE of my 2015 models, but not any of the others (three left). It also worked seamlessly on a 2013 Model I have.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6419 by SpitBaller
After continuous efforts trying to clear the efi passwords, the 11" Mac is now bricked and does not turn on at all. Beware on 2015 Macs using this device as it's been hit or miss for me.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6421 by CygnusX1

ridiculously wrote: After continuous efforts trying to clear the efi passwords, the 11" Mac is now bricked and does not turn on at all. Beware on 2015 Macs using this device as it's been hit or miss for me.

Drop a new bios chip on it and you will be good to go.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6479 by LatinMcG
or reprogram chip off board (desolder)
heres the adapter for spi programmers for them flat chips MX25L6406EZNI-12G
www.proto-advantage.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=3100182
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by LatinMcG.

Who's Online

We have 279 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies