Macmini 5.1-Mid2011-A1347-Core i5-2.3Ghz-EMC 2442

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1911 by lolito
oH MY fucking god!!!! it worked!!!!!! you were right. I managed to read the chip and make the dumb!!!! I disassembled again the machine, took the logic board out, connected it to the power supply, connected the electricity cable, i read the efi chip, and it worked!!!!!

What next? should i write to the chip the dumb i got from the chip i ordered? I upload the dump or dumb file here.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by lolito.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1912 by lolito
here it is. it is 8mb, i hope the upload works...

File Attachment:

File Name: properdump....BIN.zip
File Size:439 KB
Attachments:

More
8 years 4 months ago #1913 by lolito
I guess this probes i am a moron. A handy moron at least. I will buy you quite a few beers if this really finishes happily... that is for sure.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1914 by lolito
the previously uploaded file is the dumb from the original efi chip of this machine. I will now upload the one the reprogrammer managed to read, from the chip i had ordered:

File Attachment:

File Name: purchasedc....BIN.zip
File Size:3,904 KB

I guess i could now delete content of the original efi chip with the content of this chip... hum...

A bit risky... I will first research abit on how this reprogrammer works before doing this next step. I apologise for my comments, i bought you anohter beer. thanks for the help. I still don't understand why the **** so much rasperry pi promotion, when a reprogrammer so much easier and simpler, but anyways, thanks for the help. this time it was good help.
Attachments:

More
8 years 4 months ago #1915 by lolito
now it's fully bricked!!! i tried reprogramming, itried to program back the original file, that worked, but now it's no boot. the led flashes once every five seconds

More
8 years 4 months ago #1916 by thaGH05T
Well, it looks as though the read you got from your original chip is corrupt. It does not have any identifiable modules in it at all. The one that you pulled from the purchased chip however looks good and is clean. It has a serial number in it, which I find odd because they usually do not have an actual serial number in it. If you pass me your serial number I can modify the file for you to use, but at this point I think your programmer is acting a bit funny. I think it is inconsistently reading/writing the on-board chip probably due to a poor connection or voltage. ISP is a bit tricky sometimes, so we need to step back and reevaluate the situation. I hate to keep going back to this, but I still think you should give the pi a go if you have one available. I know its a bit out of your comfort zone, but I do know its almost a sure fire way to do this. With the exception of the 1466 model MBA sometimes, which can also be tricky. I do remember having issues with consistant reads when I used the bus pirate so I can offer you a bit more advice on narrowing the problem down. Be sure that your USB cable to programmer is a good one, I mean a thick cable that is short usually works best. Companies who sell cheap programmers dont intend them to be for ISP usually and skip out on providing decent cables. be sure it is connected to a USB 3.0 port if available or at least a 2amp USB 2.0 port. It will be hard to know when the programmer is acting right because you have overwritten your original chip now, but to ease your mind the Mac is not bricked yet. All you have to do is follow what i am telling you and try to write the chip when you feel like the setup changes you have made are correct. After flashing the firmware I give back to you, you will need to do as you did before and power the Mac on and off a few times to get it to turn on likely. After every write you do make sure to go back and verify the chip, as that is your best bet for verification. I will be on a bit later if you have any further questions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lolito

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1918 by krayzeeman
This sure has been in "interesting" read...

I have to agree with ThaGhost, the ROM you read from your MacMini is damaged beyond repair.

The other (purchased) one is far from 'clean'. It has a serial number, owner information, computer name and a list of known WiFi networks. It looks like the seller of this ROM just copied it from a customer's Mac, without sanitizing it before selling it to you.

If you manage to flash this ROM into your Mac, be sure to at least clear the NVRAM before connecting it to the internet.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by krayzeeman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lolito

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1919 by lolito
i will try that. restoring the original to the chip worked, but now it doesn't boot. so that option is now already out, cause it doesn't work.

about the other, i searched for "hwc", i found the serial number, and i changed the serial number. is that correct to do? i will try to program it on the chip and see if it boots with that.

i´m not gonna buy any rasperry pi as i´ve seen lots of people using this programmer succesfuly. both methods are going to warranty me problems, so i prefer to have problems with the simple one that with the diccicult one. I have no intention, at least not yet of bricking computers with the difficult and expensive method. to brick computers, i prefer much more the easy and cheap way. With this programmer the whole thing is just stupid. With the rasperry pi, for me, it would be very stupid. I prefer stupid than very stupid, and i am sure you guys will perfectly understand that.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1920 by lolito
i have no problem writing or reading to the chip, i have zero problems with that, the problem is what should i write on the chip.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1921 by lolito
If you guys could sanitize the BIN from the chip I purchased, I would appreciate it, and you could also use it for the repository, as right now you don't have any dump in the repository for this exact mac mini model. Would be good for the community I suppose. The original serial number of the machine i´m working with is ************ (second character of this serial number is a ZERO, and the last character is also a ZERO).

I have nothing to loose anymore as right now the machine is partially bricked, effectively bricked, so I can't fuck it up more by reprogramming.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1922 by lolito
I have used a thick cable all the time, connected to an usb 3.0 port all the time.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1945 by lolito
I guess I will have to follow the advice repeated 20 times and get an Rasperri Pi. The reprogrammer everyone uses it removing the chip first. Maybe the SOFI reprogrammer is better? I don't know. Tinkering is good anyways for learning, nothing to loose there.

Anyways tonight I will try again programming this chip. If you guys could check my BIN and sanitise it, I would appreciate it.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1947 by lolito
the reprograming gets stuck at about 20-25% of the process...

More
8 years 4 months ago #1953 by thaGH05T
I feel 100% confident that the setup or programmer is at fault. Whenever you get the pi in please let me know and we will get back to flashing your mac.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1956 by lolito
A guy in this thread helped me to solve the issue!!!:

www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/macbook/258-programer-chips-bus-pirate-rev3-0#1955

Problem was related to power on the machine. Once solved, this reprogrammer, re-programmed the chip quite easily, and fast. Also the dump works well. I did a couple pram resets before first boot test, and works well. You can please put it on the repository for the community to enjoy, mac minis are rare, apparently.

So now the only thing I need to complete the setuo is the MBS Easy Flash!!! No Raspberri Pi needed. I almost ordered it, nice that I just waited a little bit more.

Thank you guys for the help.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1972 by thaGH05T
Haha, you are so anti pi :) I like how persistent you are! I am glad you worked this out in the end and hope you will stick around even though our personalities clash a bit;)

More
5 years 8 hours ago #11193 by ShinyComputers
The EMC No. can be found on the power supply.

Who's Online

We have 356 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies