Request Clean dump of Late 2013 Macbook Pro 15 A1398 EMC 2745

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #11372 by Sportsman04

File Attachment:

File Name: MBProCHIP(...ial).zip
File Size:5,010 KB
Looking for clean EFI for the following:

Model: A1398
EMC: 2745
Proc.: Core i7

I have a Late 2013 15" 2.3GHz i7 - model A1398 with EMC 2745. I tried to change the serial number of the device by pulling down a read from the EFI, modifying the serial number and reprogramming. Now when I try to turn on the mac all I get is slow fan spin and never anything else. No screen, no startup tone, no keyboard backlight, etc...

Attached my original read from the EFI if needed.

Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Sportsman04.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #11374 by Sportsman04

File Attachment:

File Name: MBProCHIP(...ial).zip
File Size:5,010 KB
Sorry I think I had to post my EFI dumb as a .zip as the initial was a .bin and didn't post. Here is my initial if it helps. Thank you all.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Sportsman04.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #11375 by 1234s282
Hi :D

Please try this and let me know how you go!
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by 1234s282. Reason: Forgot to attach the file! :P

More
4 years 9 months ago #11376 by Sportsman04
Thank you, I erased my EFI and programmed it with the file you posted but I am getting the same thing. When I power up the mac I get no startup tone, no backlight or keyboard and the fans just run slow. I am using a CH341A Mini Programmer and a clamp on the chip for the programming, any other thoughts? Am I doing something incorrectly? I also tried SMC and PRAM reset afterward, still no luck :(.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #11377 by 1234s282
Ok , try this one! :D 

File Attachment:

File Name: A1398_EMC_...FD57.zip
File Size:5,280 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by 1234s282.

More
4 years 9 months ago #11379 by Sportsman04
This one worked, I think :). Seems very slow, when I power up it takes a very long time to give the startup tone. I am doing a fresh OS install as I had this mac running Ubuntu before I did all this and forgot about that, so installing Mojave now. Any idea why the startup tone is very slow? Also, how do I get to my goal of removing the current SN with either a different one or none at all?

More
4 years 9 months ago #11380 by 1234s282
Thanks for the feedback - i am still new to EFI modding so I appreciate your patience. Sounds like a little bit of progress has been made anyway.

I'm wondering whether it might have something to do with a corrupted ME (Management Engine) however yours is v9.0.5.1367 which I can't find a clean version of.

If your Mojave installation completes successfully , I would try downloading all available updates (Right up to v10.14.5 which is the latest OS) then doing both an SMC and PRAM reset after that update completes and see how you go.

Newer versions of the OS come packaged with newer EFI updates and will automatically install them during the installation process - this might resolve the issue!

Who's Online

We have 338 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies