SPI Header is different size in 2015 MBA

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 3 months ago #2174 by thaGH05T
Well, take your chances, but it is a lot of money for what it does. As soon as you get the SCBO drop it here and we will start looking into it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2513 by gotofbi
Anybody has alternative pinout?
For me, its too risky to detach from Logic Board.
I can solder most of things but I suck with hot air station.

I found MBA 2015 Schematics but PDF file is not telling me how the circuit is connected.
Theres also brd file but I dont know which software will open the file.

Thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #2545 by thaGH05T
Your text is hidden from guests, did you know that? Just wondering. Also I said The Unfortunately ... bit because some "rogue" Apple tech's are using this to make a quick bit of cash on the side. They are the minority who stand to gain and have access to such a thing. Maybe even service reps of some sort, but I have no clue really.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #2896 by Itechandrepairs
have you been able to get the pinouts? If no, I have a spare logic board to work on it. Let me know if you need any help.

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2914 by thaGH05T
I have been trying to get pin-outs of many boards, as well as scouring the schematics. But any help is always appreciated. If anyone is interested in giving me a few hours of their time to manually get this information, please contact me for details. I can make it worth your while. Not monetarily though...

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2917 by ninos22

thaGH05T wrote: please contact me for details..

where?

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2919 by gotofbi
I am happy to help you to figure out the pinout manually

I have basic circuit tester, raspi, and 2015MBA

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2923 by thaGH05T
You all can contact me via PM or email.

More
8 years 1 week ago #2988 by Dark_Rye
I've ordered a rival 2015 clip (typically sold exclusively with their proprietary unlocker) and have funded the Universal Clip here. Their clip uses 8 pins instead of 6 which piques my curiosity. When it arrives in a week or two, I'll post about the clip quality and whether or not it works at all. $100 is steep, but in the name of research its certainly worth it. The mad race for a working 2015 clip is kind of fascinating - I've come across one scam and two legit sources (the seedier of which I am now sampling).

Cheers to science!

Libertatis Ingeniarius - Motivacion, Doctrina, soshite Jonetsu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thaGH05T

More
8 years 1 week ago #2992 by thaGH05T
Let us know what you find, but I am fairly confident if the UEF v1.o ever gets funded you all will be relieved.

More
8 years 1 week ago #2997 by Dark_Rye
We certainly will. The community behind the UEF is what makes the product so versatile.

Libertatis Ingeniarius - Motivacion, Doctrina, soshite Jonetsu.

More
8 years 1 week ago #2999 by thaGH05T
I agree, I just wish there were more people supporting it. I do not advertise because I feel like this needs to be community driven. I am not trying to run a business, just share my work.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3791 by gotofbi
So, by doing some manual shit show, I was able to find 7 points.
However, the funny thing is flashrom cannot recognize chip eventhough it has all connections.

I did not connect WP and HOLD(only pin that I couldnt find) but is this why flashrom cannot recognize chip?

As far as I know it may not able to write chip but I should be able to read chip right?

And I tried desoldering this chip but my rework station is kinda weak and it cannot come off.

Anyone has idea why I cant read?

More
7 years 8 months ago #4344 by Min0r
Any luck on the pinout for the new Macbook 8x2 header?

Would love to see a new easy flash soon.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #10078 by kerrick
Hey Guys,

Whats the pinout for the Winbond flash header on the board? whats the orientation? Tried to test for ground but not sure if my meter is working properly... Both sides where ground could be seemed to be floating a couple mV higher than 0.

I basically need to know on a Macbook air 2015... A1495 what is the orientation of the flash header? Looking at the header without taking the board out of the macbook is it pin
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Or inverted...

www.pjrc.com/store/w25q64fv.pdf

Thanks!
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by kerrick.

More
5 years 9 months ago #10125 by Thomas_HvindenHaug
According to the specs from Windbond this chip is QuadSpi capable. I currently use a FlashCat USB from embeddedcomputers.net and their refernce documentation specifies a bit different wiring when it comes to QUAD capable compared to conventional SPI. Their schematic swap HOLD and WP. Going to try this in a couple of days.
Attachments:

More
5 years 9 months ago #10134 by KingBonecrusher
Buy Chipmunk adapter, best i know for MacBooks! No soldereing required!

Who's Online

We have 384 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies