Problem with macbook pro after removing efi passwo

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4262 by Gr-oborona
Have removed efi chip from board
Read dump from it and removed password from dump
Write clear dump to chip
Put efi chip back to board and started macbook
Press option + r and wait until he downloaded internet recovery
Then he showed apple logo and status bar
Status bar gets its end but nothing happening
It's hanging on it for 12 hours and nothing happened (((
I have tried to do all this three times but result is same (((
Who can help me to understand what's wrong?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4264 by therealjayvi
Let me first start off by saying that your avatar is GANGSTA haha! Heisenberg! Freakin love that show! Okay lol sorry just had to say somethin >.<

I surmise that you have a bit of experience due to the fact that there's very little guidance here about the complete removal of the EFI chip to remove the password but since you've provided a picture it seems you've managed to successfully remove AND re-adhere the chip, well done! There's a little more info we'd need to accurately diagnose the issue though if you would...
- what model are you working with?
- why are you using the Internet recovery and not the built in recovery partition (no prolonged download needed!)
- have you cleared NVRAM/PRAM/SRAM? (Hold Command+Option+Ctrl+Shift and press Power for 5 seconds // Command+Option+R+P and press Power, hold all keys but power for a total of 3 restarts)
Try the above "resets" and try holding "Alt" when powering on the device and choose the Recovery partition and see if that works for you.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4273 by Gr-oborona
Macbook Pro 2015 model 1502 (2,7, 8Gb)
There was no recovery hd on ssd when it comes to me (owner has deleted partitions from ssd but I don't know how and why??) so the only way is internet recovery
Have done nvram pram sram but no results

Who knows can my problem be becouse of deleted recovery partition on ssd?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4275 by CygnusX1

Gr-oborona wrote: Macbook Pro 2015 model 1502 (2,7, 8Gb)
There was no recovery hd on ssd when it comes to me (owner has deleted partitions from ssd but I don't know how and why??) so the only way is internet recovery
Have done nvram pram sram but no results

Who knows can my problem be because of deleted recovery partition on ssd?

Make a "Bootable Install OS X" USB disk and hold the alt key when you boot and select that USB drive to boot from and install OSX.

If I helped you buy me a latte!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by CygnusX1.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4289 by therealjayvi
Well it may not be that the previous owner deleted the partitions because it could just be that there is a firmware password (i.e. Encryption). If you want to isolate the problem try booting the computer in Verbose Mode (Command+V) to see where it's hanging at. At the same time if you just want to get it working then using an OS X install USB or disc like CygnusX1 suggested will do exactly what you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CygnusX1

More
7 years 8 months ago #4325 by Gr-oborona
I solved this problem by writing to chip dump the downloaded from this site, I did not change the serial number in the dump because with altered serial number MacBook does not load the operating system, do not know what it is connected.
MacBook operating normally

Who's Online

We have 273 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies