I created EFI passcode but new passcode box appear

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 2 months ago #6406 by johnny13oi
Hi everyone, I bought a A1466 EMC 2925 for cheap with seller saying they don't know whats wrong. I boot into recovery mode and there is no EFI password so I set a new one and then boot into internet recovery mode and format the SSD and try to reinstall OSX in internet recovery mode.

In the middle of the reinstall process a new window popped up asking for a 4 digit pin so I tried a few random pins but it didn't work and now every time I reboot it says Macbook is disabled try again in 60 minutes.

I know the EFI passcode because I set it but what is this other lock? I am guessing an iCloud lock and how do I remove it? I am pretty handy with soldering and can purchase a new EFI on eBay and solder it in but will this resolve the problem and will I be able to reinstall OSX? Is the iCloud tied in any way to the SSD serial number or is it tied only to the laptop serial? Can I reuse the SSD without being locked again if I get the lock removed?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6407 by johnny13oi
So I just got it to unlock with the rEFInd and the nvram -c command. I have not connected to the internet yet. Will the computer iCloud lock if I enable wi-fi? Can I quickly make a new iCloud account and add it before it gets locked automatically?

Thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #6411 by CygnusX1
Yes you can.

If I helped you buy me a latte!

Who's Online

We have 449 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies