Can't find EFI chip on front of mobo A1398 EMC2910

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #6705 by ElektroSpecter
Hello all, please excuse the fact I'm a total noob when it comes to flashing EFI/BIOS chips in any sort of MacBook. Anyway last night I opened up my 2015 15" MBP and was looking everywhere on the front of the logic board for the EFI chip, and alas couldn't find it. Is the chip located on the back of the board...or do I need to remove other components in order to access the chip using the pomona SOIC8 clip? I feel like an idiot not being able to find it after referencing several different photos of the chip on what appears to be the same model/year MacBook Pro as the one I currently have...

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: I found the EFI chip...it's a Winbond 2xxxx-whatever. The Pomona SOIC8 clip doesn't fit on it unfortunately, so if anyone can please explain to me how to interface with this chip without soldering wires directly to the chip/logic board I'd really really appreciate it.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by ElektroSpecter. Reason: Found EFI chip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #7435 by realog
Was the chip on the underside? Ever find a way to interface?

More
6 years 8 months ago #7443 by ElektroSpecter
The chip ended up being on the top side of the mobo, next to one of the RAM modules (or SSD) if I remember correctly. I unfortunately ended up just sending the laptop in to jersey city repairs and paid around $200 for them to flash the EFI chip. They surprisingly offered great service and were very quick.

If anyone has information on the best way to interface with the EFI chip on a 2015 MBP 15" please let me know! A pamona clip just doesn't fit on the tiny EFI chip :/

More
6 years 8 months ago #7444 by realog
I've seen interfacing via 16pin connection next to the Winbond chip with an unlocker, but haven't tried because don't have the connector, I was just going to heat desolder like this guy did --> www.ghostlyhaks.com/profile/esko1

More
6 years 6 months ago #8168 by mazoot
yadi.sk/i/TFtOTzAl3N5bMs this is my method to read the dump
Attachments:

Who's Online

We have 319 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies