EFI Chip locations

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 8 months ago #751 by mondo
EFI Chip locations was created by mondo
This list of chip locations for various models will no doubt come in handy for some!
I would never have found the winbond chip in my early 2015 mbp without this resource.

www.allservice.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2724
The following user(s) said Thank You: XmR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #758 by thaGH05T
Replied by thaGH05T on topic EFI Chip locations
This is a great find, I think this will help many others. All the images have a watermark which means I will not place them on the forum but the link to them is very useful.

More
8 years 8 months ago #759 by thaGH05T
The sad thing is companies like that use knowledge that probably came from my site or from our findings so they can charge for the service. This is why I do what I do, I want the knowledge to be free to everyone so crooks like that have to actually work for their money. I would not be saying this is they had simply explained what they do to their customers to remove the EFI lock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CygnusX1

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #845 by VIPER_GE
Replied by VIPER_GE on topic EFI Chip locations
this one A1502 early 2014 Macbook pro 820-3476-A take with my galaxy s4 mini mobile shot. so if need take it anyone without WATER MARK B)
my drive link
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

VIPER_GE
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by VIPER_GE.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1726 by lolito
Replied by lolito on topic EFI Chip locations
If any one knows the location of the EFI chip in a Mac Mini mid-2011 I would appreciate it. Info about mac mini is quite rare.

Perhaps if you guys have a source link to shcematics diagrams, we could get all the efi locations from all models.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1737 by thaGH05T
If you are interested in doing all the foot work I can get you all that. But I would want some help getting them out to the public. e.g. you do the footkwork i build the db and place it on my site.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1743 by lolito
Replied by lolito on topic EFI Chip locations
Yes of course, I could do that, no problem. I´m good with graphics works. If you can do that part of the database and provide the source information, I could do a graphic diagram for each model. And if we get photos bit by bit, we can do it with a real image too.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1752 by thaGH05T
I have a database with most of all the models as well as many schematics for many boards. The schematics cannot be released as they are proprietary I am sure and are watermarked. But we can use them to compile information such as where the chip is, what kind of chip it is, a pdf download of the chips datasheet, images of the board front and back marked with highlights of the chip and header, etc. I have been contemplating on getting something like this together but it is so time consuming that I cannon run the site and do the projects as well as compile all the info on each board. I need some help from the community.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6212 by cyber16
Replied by cyber16 on topic EFI Chip locations
Hello folks.
I picked up a Mid 2010 15" MBP from the local recycler, Overall the condition seems ok for a hobby rebuild.
This came with no battery or hard drive, not even the hard drive cable.
It is efi locked, found that when trying to boot external via options key.

Have not pulled the logic board out yet, Can any one point me in the direction/location of the efi chip?

A1286 ecm 2353 no idea yet as to what cpu it has.
Already tried the ram/pram without any luck.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6224 by cyber16
Replied by cyber16 on topic EFI Chip locations
Never mind, I found a high Rez image of the logic board on ifixit "tear down" It is located on the top side of the logic board.
Will need to pull board out

More
3 years 5 months ago #12308 by CalnZ
Replied by CalnZ on topic EFI Chip locations
Thanks! you helped me out on my first attempt at this. out comes the board! 1425A

Who's Online

We have 620 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies