MacBook Air A1466 EMC 2632 slow to startup/wake

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
8 years 5 months ago #1787 by ggltech
Thank you for this !

I have a setup with raspberry pi and easyclip...but reading and writing is spotty.
I use a bread board so i can use easyclip and pomona ...but this i think is my problem. After reading your mention of 3.3volts and extra connections., i thought i'd try connecting the 3.3v pin direclty to the pi instead of through the breadboard.

Now i can read my A1466 EMC 2632

CygnusX1 wrote: Try clearing the PRAM and the SMC.

The switch on the MBA clip changes the pinout configuration.

MBA Clip Pinout Configuration

Pin 1 of the chip (marked with a small dot) which is CS (Chip Select) goes to pin 24 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 2 of the chip which is MISO (Master In Slave Out) goes to pin 21 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 3 of the chip which is WP (Write Protect) goes to pin 17 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 4 of the chip which is GND (Ground) goes to pin 25 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 5 of the chip which is MOSI (Master Out Slave In) goes to pin 19 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 6 of the chip which is SCLK (Clock Speed) goes to pin 23 on the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 7 of the chip which is HOLD (Hold) goes to pin 17 in the Raspberry Pi.
Pin 8 of the chip which is VCC (Positive Supply Voltage) goes to pin 17 on the Raspberry Pi (3.3v)
I use a breadboard to gain more 3.3v out. I run the 3.3v from the PI to the breadboard that has a five pin header installed so I end up with extra 3.3v connections for the clip.

I use the above pinout configuration for models A1502 - A1466 - A1465 - A1425 with the switch to the left.

I use the same pinout configuration as above for models A1398 - A1369 - A1370 except I throw the switch to the right.

Some people don’t use the 3.3v for the WP and the HOLD. I use them all the time and never have any issues especially with model 1466 which requires the 3.3v on the WP and HOLD.

Then run your flashrom commands as normal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #1794 by thaGH05T
The clean bin for your MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.3 13" (Mid-2013) A1466 (EMC 2632) can be found below.

File Attachment:

File Name: /home/thag...ed-2.zip
File Size:4,538 KB
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #7082 by dam1inc

thaGH05T wrote: The clean bin for your MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.3 13" (Mid-2013) A1466 (EMC 2632) can be found below.

File Attachment:

File Name: /home/thag...ed-2.zip
File Size:4,538 KB

Hi, I seem to be having a very similar issue with the same model/emc...accidentally hit the erase button on Flypro and wiped out some of the original dump..used one from the repo here and now device comes on but can't PRAM and after choosing OS to install it gets stuck on screen with Apple logo and progress bar. I'm going to try using this dump if that's ok and post back results later today
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

EDIT: Flashed the fixed.bin from this thread and same thing PRAM reset not working. no lock but after choosing OS gets stuck on screen with apple logo and progress bar. i feel like ive tried everything. :unsure:

EDIT: found tuturial for clearing ME regions.
ME Version says 9.5.3.1526
so i downloaded this:
- Intel ME 9.5 Apple Mac 1.5MB Firmware v9.5.4.1856
For Apple 8-series systems which come with ME firmware v9.5.x
and followed tutorial and copy/pasted ME firmeware into target .bin
flashed and still the same thing :(
ive soldered and desoldered this chip a thousand times.... after awhile your imagination starts running wild...so i started replacing caps and resistors smh
needless to say im sure its not that either because its still the same dam problem, slow boot, PRAM doesnt work...after choosing OS for install it gets stuck on apple logo with progress bar, which i might add has changed colors depending on what .bin i flash..sometimes its an all black screen with white apple logo and progress bar or a light grey screen with dark grey apple logo and progress bar, anyways ill keep adding to this and hopefully find a solution.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by dam1inc.

Who's Online

We have 254 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies