*SOLVED*MacBook Air A1466 EMC 2632 - Corrupted EFI

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #8813 by pablom
Hi to All,

I recently booted my MBA with Hackintosh pendrive and corrupted EFI. The result is that it turns on and chimes looping all the time with black blank screen.
I thought it would be easier, bought a programmer and desoldered the chip, used a clip and successfully read the corrupted EFI.

After coming across your website, I realised how far from fixing I am (no previous experience with flashing or hex editing, only soldering)
I don't have a clue which parts of EFI were corrupted and where to start with ME, serial and board serial changing....I cannot find them in corrupted firmware.

I attached my original corrupted dump and a matching clean dump downloaded from your website.
I am wondering if there is anyone to help me with preparing the correct EFI file to be flashed and resurrect my dead Macbook Air if possible please?
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by pablom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #8844 by pablom
I managed to find a technician that build a firmware for me, paid a bit of money but it was perfectly done job.

Just so you know - the A1466 firmware dump uploaded on you forum is BAD, we were unable to use it.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by pablom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 312 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies