Easy flash adapter on MBA 1466, no device found

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 4 months ago #9150 by jwadz21
Hi All,

Trying to reset a firmware pwd on A1466 EMC2632 MBA using the easy flash 4.0.2 adapter and an rpi3. I've followed the guide to wiring up the adapter and installing prerequisites and searched the forum but cannot get any response from the chip. I've seen hints of various power states etc, tried everything I could find and am not sure where to go next.
Does anyone have a working configuration for this specific model using flashrom?

Would be happy to provide any additional info necessary to troubleshoot, I'm stumped.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #9158 by KingBonecrusher
If you`re 100% sure the cables are correct use a little pressure on the adapter exactly where it`s connected to the mainboard.

More
6 years 3 months ago #9161 by jwadz21
Thanks, I tried that in all 4 power states, and still no response. I've got a cheap logic analyzer that tells me that the pi is trying to communicate, but the most I've ever gotten from the board is a couple isolated blips, not enough to constitute any real data. I did install flashrom from the repository (aptitude) instead of from source, would that make any difference? I tried an external 3.3v power supply to the chip as well, no difference. What battery/power cord configuration usually works best with this model? I'll have an oscilloscope next week and be able to get a better idea of what's going on, but it really just looks like the chip is not responding.

More
6 years 3 months ago #9187 by jwadz21
Got it! Turned out that all I needed to do was manually specify a lower spi speed than the default and everything worked flawlessly.

Who's Online

We have 526 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies