Flashrom on Pi 3B Not detecting Micron 25Q064A on a 2014 Mac Mini

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #11513 by jspinella
Hello! I have been lurking for a while, attempting to flash a 2014 Mac mini EFI that I bricked with a Hackintosh installer. 

I followed the guide here  to connect a SO8C solder-free clip to the EFI chip and Raspberry Pi 3B GPIO pins. I hooked up a multimeter on the VCC line before it splits into 3 and am reading 2.72v on the 3.3v line. I am using a power supply designed for the Pi/ it is supplying sufficient current. 

This guide has me putting a capacitor on the 3.3v line but that shouldn't be causing the voltage to be only ~2.7v. The voltage does seem to be the main concern.

I have never been able to get flashrom to detect the chip automatically, and have tried reversing the clip (maybe this kills the EFI chip...) to no avail. 

One thing I have not tried is removing the Mac mini's CMOS battery, however I haven't read that is necessary for the MacBooks.

Assuming everything is wired correctly, what are some things I can try?

Correction, it is a Macronix MX25L6406E after all. Either way, even when specifying the chipset, I can't get flashrom to find it.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by jspinella.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #11632 by Nefilim
Have you tried adding the spispeed=3000 argument?  I don't remember the actual number I just guessed at 3000, but I know I couldn't read the same chip without adding it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 615 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies