Can't unlock MacBook Pro 13" retina / "Disabled"

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 8 months ago #3968 by perthdave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3970 by reverendalc
nvram -c that bad boy three times

nvram -xp to list all nvram stores

osxdaily.com/2015/12/16/view-clear-nvram-mac-command-line-osx/

has more information for zapping particular variables.

you're almost there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: perthdave

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3974 by perthdave
Dude, I think this may have worked... after nvram -c'ing several times, instead of turning the machine off, I typed 'exit' and it went on with it's verbose statements and eventually brought me to the Disk Utility screen!!! Currently re-installing! I'll keep you posted! Trying not to be excited here!!!

If this works, I'm PayPal'ing all 3 of you $10USD each. It's the least you all deserve.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by perthdave.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3975 by reverendalc
Great! I'm glad for you. On your next reboot, attempt the keystroke nvram reset just for shits and giggles.

I'm glad my technique has helped another.

good luck!

More
7 years 8 months ago #3976 by perthdave
Great success! I've booted into the Finder, but upon zapping the P-RAM, the padlock shows up again (?). I key the code in, it then boots, but instead of ending up at the white disabled screen, it takes me back to Disk Utility.

I then went into the Firmware Utility and turned off the firmware protection, rebooted with arthritis-inducing P-RAM hand manoeuvre and padlock is gone!!!!!

Many thanks to all that helped me out with their persistence and ideas!

Everyone in this thread, please PM your PayPal details and I'll happily forward you some monetary appreciation :D

More
7 years 8 months ago #3978 by ggltech
Excellent work ! :cheer: :cheer:

More
7 years 8 months ago #3979 by CygnusX1
We knew you could do it!! :)

If I helped you buy me a latte!

More
7 years 8 months ago #3980 by perthdave
Well it wouldn't have got this far without everyone's help here, so again, thanks for the tenacity of all involved :lol:

More
6 years 10 months ago #6951 by jpzchaos14

ggltech wrote: Just used this method last night on a Macbook Pro 2010 pulling RAM out to enable the ALT key

On a Windows PC format USB stick fat-32

download Rufus rufus.akeo.ie/ this will make the USB

download the ISO sourceforge.net/projects/refind/files/0.10.3/refind-cd-0.10.3.zip/download

Use Rufus to load ISO image on the USB

With ALT held down and both the refind USB and the installer USB in the Macbook select the USB EFI boot and wait for the refind menu.

You should now see the option for the Mac OS USB installer highlight it then hit F2 option single user.... wait and type nvram -c

NOTE: you should make sure your MAC OS USB is working first . They can be fussy on dates if you made it a long time ago it will hang.

If it hangs set your date back to when you first made the installer.

FYI : before i made the refind USB i tried a Windows8 install CD it booted and was able to get to the command prompt. Every Mac USB image or recovery failed with icloud lock screen.

I found this forum, as a solution to a similar problem.
My macbook pro I bought recently is "disabled" as well.
Created a refind usb using rufus, and pressed alt key.
Nothing is happening.
Kind of a noob in this kind of things, and i was wondering if you guys can give me a hand too?

More
6 years 9 months ago #7060 by Cfieta
Hi perthdave, will this work on macbook pro mod 2015?

More
6 years 9 months ago #7133 by franz
WOW WOW WOW :D i get efi pin blaster 3 days ago -&- now i'm really sorry i didn't buy from you guys...
i have macbook pro 13 from 2015, same problem as here but no boot from refind -_- new version just get an error on partitions so any key is back to menu, and old version mentioned in post just a black screen when i try to boot from it and stays there ... any help is appreciated :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #7884 by mild7nrg
This thread did wonders for me. Provided the exact solution I needed for a mid 2015 macbook pro.

Thank you!

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #12129 by diego1199
Hi everyone,

i'm stuck at this step.

I'm getting to single user mode on the install media, i'm using nvram -c, after i type exit and press enter, i'm getting and message saying "failed to open /private/var/db/SystemPolicyConfiguration/HardeningExceptions.plist Creating RAM Disk for /var/log and it does nothing.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by diego1199.

More
3 years 9 months ago #12131 by diego1199
It worked!!! Thank you!

I reinstalled the REFIND with windows using the last sourceforge version, follow the steps and it worked! I get into disk utility, disable firmware password and reinstall the OS. After that, everything worked and i'm using the Mac now.

Thanks! 

Who's Online

We have 425 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies