2012 Macbook Air 13 inch iCloud lock help

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #6323 by concord72
Hello everyone, I am brand new here, so please bare with my and my noob-ness. My cousin has a icloud locked 2012 13 inch Macbook Air that I have been trying to get in to. I have been following Token_Paul's guide ( www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/macbook/65-icloud-wipeout-and-admin-access-on-efi-locked-mac ) on how to get past this and have hit a roadblock. I'm up to Phase 2, towards the end, in Single User mode, up to step 3 which states "3. Launch OpenDirectory service: 'launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist'". The problem is that the terminal says that no such directory exists. I even took the SSD back out, connected it to a working laptop, and went to the path location and saw the "com.apple.opendirectoryd/plist" file, so I am confused as to why it's saying that no such directory exists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, please keep it simple, I am not that technically savvy, much obliged.

Update: Ok, so I pressed ctrl + d and now I am out of single user mode and at the user login screen (so I'm assuming I got past iCloud lock, since it didn't asking for the 4 digit pin?) but I don't know the user password. I tried command + r at bootup but that takes me to the firmware lock screen and I don't know the password to that either. Any ideas? Is there any ways I can just do a fresh install of a Mac OS? I don't need any data off the SSD.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by concord72.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Who's Online

We have 422 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies