Reply: Locked Macbook pro 2011

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.
X

Topic History of: Locked Macbook pro 2011

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

6 years 8 months ago
Locked Macbook pro 2011

As I said, the one in the repository comes with a password, but I've found another one in a forum post and it worked, I was able to go into recovery mode, but there is one problem, when I click on install os it says that the drive is damaged, and I am sure it is not, could it be the ME region? Do you have any link that shows how to clean it?

And last question, I think I can access the terminal from the recovery mode, and I already saw a website that gives command to clean pram, what if I clear it then flash the original efi firmware with the $SVS cleared? Do you think it's worth the try?

Thanks a lot for your help Cyber :)

Edit :

I am actually installing macOS :D !!!!! I had to set a recent date with the Terminal then the drive damaged message disappeared, when the installation is done, I will use the Terminal to clear the pram it will be done in the next start up, I will reflash the chip with the firmware I have, and if it work then fine, if not I will reflash the last one.

6 years 8 months ago
Locked Macbook pro 2011

If you downloaded it from this site repository, it should have been clean of any passwords, you would also need to modify/fill-in the serial number + possibly clean the ME region if there is still prior data in there, you could replace that data from your original dump

6 years 8 months ago
Locked Macbook pro 2011

Something new happened, I've flashed the firmware I've downloaded from the efi repository, and I've rebuilt the usb, now it gives me the lock screen again, but with different message, before it was "stolen mac" ... now it is a custom message.
I think I will upload the original one (and replacing the $SVS). Maybe it will work now.

Edit :

Is there a way to know the pass code for the efi I've downloaded ?

6 years 8 months ago
Locked Macbook pro 2011

So holding the "command" + "R" Keys right after power on won't give you recovery?

If not, then something else is also going on

edit:
Since you are using an external keyboard, have you tried all usb ports? maybe one not just right?
taking shots in the dark at this point

6 years 8 months ago
Locked Macbook pro 2011

The easiest I can do right now is this : connecting the hard drive on my pc, and using my virtual machine to install mac on it, you think it will work?

Edit :

I've done but I get the prohibitory logo again, I then reflashed the efi chip with the firmware I've downloaded (I've replaced the serial number and size matches), but same issue, prohibitory logo.

What I can't understand is why I can't boot into the Recovery mode?

6 years 8 months ago
Locked Macbook pro 2011

"When you see a circle with a slash symbol instead of the Apple logo, it means your Mac couldn't find a valid System Folder to start up from."

Normally a flashing folder with a ? would means no valid OS boot found.

The circle with slash I believe mean unsupported OS ver
I very well could be mistaken

edit:
Correction:
Here is what they mean
support.apple.com/en-us/HT204156

If you have another mac that supports firewire, you could try a target mode boot onto that mac's hard rive
Or install MacOS onto the 2011 hard drive from that mac

Who's Online

We have 118 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies