Read/write LPC+SPI Connector with wires

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
6 years 8 months ago #7794 by Warmerfare
Hello everyone,

Since I'm not able to have a Easy Flash Adapter 4.0.2 send to the Netherlands for some reason I was wondering if it would be possible to connect wires to the connector itself (or the pins that come out of the connector and goes into the motherboard).

First I was planning to read and write the efi chip trough a SOIL8 clip, which I purchased for no reason since it can't connect without desoldering the chip (I do not own such precise soldering equipment unfortunately). But because of that I already have the raspberry pi, the wires transistors and the capaciter. The way I was planning to connect the raspberry to the efi chip is described in the first picture I added.
Now I also got a detailed picture of the connector om my A1465 macbook air 11'' attached, but I can't find out which wires I have to connect to the corrosponding connectors on the chip. :huh:

Can somebody please help me with this :unsure:

Attachments:
More
6 years 8 months ago #7795 by Warmerfare
I took some more time to find the corrosponding pins on the chip that i need to connect the wires to and I think I figured it out, but I want some verification before frying my chip (or motherboard for that matter)

I think it needs to be connected like this:

3.3V Pin 1 and 29 (PP3V42_G3H and PP5V_S0) Since it has 3V and 5V in the name I believe these are the pins for the 3.3V?
GND Pin 7 and 9 (Since this pins don't have a description I believe these are the ground pins?)
SCLK Pin 12 (SPI_EXT_A_SCLK_R) Since SCLK and SPI are in the name I believe this pin needs to be used)
MOSI Pin 9 (SPI_EXT_A_SI_R) Since SPI and SI are in the name I believe this pin corrosponds with MOSI?
MISO Pin 11 (SPI_SO) Since SPI and SO are in the name I believe this pin corrosponds with MISO?
CE0 Pin 14 (SPI_EXT_CE_L<0>) Since CE and the number 0 are in the name I believe this pin corrosponds with CE0?

Can somebody confirm / correct this for me? That would help me out a ton :)
More
6 years 7 months ago #7901 by DanTron
Wamerfare, did you have any luck with this?

I am about to try something similar but using a Raspberry Pi and a Signstek SOIC8 Flash Chip Test Clip .

Who's Online

We have 225 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies