Reply: Can't Seem To Read Chip

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.
X

Topic History of: Can't Seem To Read Chip

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

5 years 1 month ago
Can't Seem To Read Chip

If you have 0 experience soldering, then desoldering the chip off the board is out of the question, you may end up ruining either the chip, the PCB board, or both... and you don't want that.
If you solder to chip contacts you can then clean it up after you are done.

5 years 1 month ago
Can't Seem To Read Chip

Much appreciated. I've got a total of 0 experience with soldering but you suggested that it is possible to solder to the chip instead of desoldering the chip off the board right?

5 years 1 month ago
Can't Seem To Read Chip

WSON-8 and SOIC-8 are the chip packages.
Check picture attachment, chip on the left is a WSON and the one on the right a SOIC-8 or SOP-8 chip.

WSON - Very-Very-thin Small-Outline No-lead package
SOIC - Small-Outline Integrated Circuit
SOP - Small-Outline Package

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago
Can't Seem To Read Chip

Interesting. Forgive my ignorance here but I'm wondering what the significance of it being WSON-8 means. What would cause it to be incompatible with the POMONA clip? Does it deal with contact space?

5 years 1 month ago
Can't Seem To Read Chip

Seems like the problem is the SOIC-8 clip (POMONA 5250), the chip is a WSON-8, so they are not compatible... although I haven't tried this setup. I've seen other users soldering wires to this chip and then connect these to a header that goes into programmer. When you are done programming you can disconnect the header from programmer and isolate it to test, if the programming was successful then you can desolder the wires.

5 years 1 month ago
Can't Seem To Read Chip

Additional photo's

Attachments:

Who's Online

We have 467 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt