Want to learn: Bios Password removal - HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 (and other HPs)

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #11465 by Pickles
Hello everyone, 
I am wanting to learn how to remove the bios password off of these machines and others (G2, G3, other probooks, etc). I work for a computer refurbishment company it would be great to deal with these units to make them more functional. 

I have already figured out how to get the bios passwords off of Apple computers. Now I am onto HP. 

What is the process to doing this? For Apple laptops, you can either find the encryption string and decrypt it or the $SVS sections. Is this similar on HP? Or is an SMC bin file required? If an SMC bin file is required, is it possible to obtain this said software?

Where can I find a guide or information on the process to learn on my own? If not, I am willing to learn from any of you to do this. I don't want to bombard the forums with post after post of bios unlocks. 

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is confusing. I am willing to provide any details. I can also provide a bios dump.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Pickles.

Who's Online

We have 874 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies