trouble w/ raspberry pi 2 model b, flashrom, a1398

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3264 by reverendalc
hi all. i was attempting to dump/clean/flash my EFI with my bus pirate, but i was getting errors reading the chip. due to lack of support, i got a raspberry pi, but i have no experience with it.

i've installed raspbain jesse and updated everything
followed flashrom install guide
created harness to SOIC clip following diagram, sharing 3v3 with vcc, wp, and cs.

i'm running:
sudo flashrom -r ~/efi/dump1.bin -V -p linux_spi:dev=/dev/spidev0.0 -c MX25L6406E/MX25L6408E

it's returning:
blah blah blah
Found Macronix flash chip etc..
Chip status register: 0x00
status register write disable is not set
bp0,1,2,3 is not set
WEL is not set
WIP is not set
This chip may contain one-time programmable memory. flashrom cannot read and may never be able to write it, hence it may not be able to completely clone the contents of this chip
Reading flash...
Error: opening file "~/efi/dump1.bin" failed: No such file or directory
FAILED

i've tried w/ and w/o battery connected.

i get one bright flash from the ACT led, then a slow dim continuous blink until it fails.

shouldn't flashrom be able to create the dump file?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by reverendalc.
More
7 years 10 months ago #3265 by reverendalc
ok noob zone is the right place. i found the thread about specifying a directory which doesn't exist...

but i've created the directory structure, and i'm still getting the fail: no such file or directory.

ooooooops.

built it from root. just read flash. MONEY
More
7 years 10 months ago #3305 by thaGH05T
So everything is resolved at this point right? Just a file structure issue?
More
7 years 10 months ago #3324 by reverendalc
yes, macbook unlocked! i was using the raspberry pi for the first time, and having a hell of an issue creating the same directory structure i was specifying to dump to.

total n00b moment, especially considering that the answer was NAME of the damned error lol
More
7 years 10 months ago #3338 by thaGH05T
Good deal man, thanks for posting back.

Who's Online

We have 312 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies