RPi turning off when connecting MBA Easy Clip?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 8 months ago #3992 by pablopersona
When I connect the clip to the motherboard it seems that the Pi turns off. I made a gif that you can view. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

I've been trying to flash this Macbook Air A1466 2014 motherboard for some time now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Attachments:
More
7 years 8 months ago #3996 by CygnusX1
You should NEVER connect the PI while it id powered on! NEVER!

If I helped you buy me a latte!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pablopersona
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3999 by CygnusX1

pablopersona wrote: When I connect the clip to the motherboard it seems that the Pi turns off. I made a gif that you can view. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

I've been trying to flash this Macbook Air A1466 2014 motherboard for some time now!

The 1466 can be a pain in the a$$. Disconnect the battery, connect the magsafe and let it run for a Min or so. Connect the pi and it should be good to go!
Keep me posted!

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by CygnusX1.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4000 by pablopersona
Thanks for the tip. I feel like an idiot lol.

So basically the same issue is occurring. I get a good connection with the clip and the board and the Pi wont boot. There is no light. If it has a bad connection it will boot and flashrom shows No EEPROM/Flash device found.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4001 by pablopersona

CygnusX1 wrote:

pablopersona wrote: When I connect the clip to the motherboard it seems that the Pi turns off. I made a gif that you can view. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

The 1466 can be a pain in the a$$. Disconnect the battery, connect the magsafe and let it run for a Min or so. Connect the pi and it should be good to go!
Keep me posted!

Ok, I will try this right now. Thank you!
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4002 by CygnusX1

pablopersona wrote: Thanks for the tip. I feel like an idiot lol.

So basically the same issue is occurring. I get a good connection with the clip and the board and the Pi wont boot. There is no light. If it has a bad connection it will boot and flashrom shows No EEPROM/Flash device found.

Which clip are you using? If it's a MBA be sure the switch is to the left wile you are looking a it with pins to the top.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by CygnusX1.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4003 by pablopersona

CygnusX1 wrote:

Which clip are you using?

MBA Easy Flash that I got from this site. I plugged in the magsafe for a few min and if I hold down on the clip to make sure it has a good connection the Pi will not turn on. Am I doing something wrong?

Connection from the SPI to the clip is this:

Pin1 - 24
Pin2 - 21
Pin3 - 17
Pin4 - 25
Pin5 - 19
Pin6 - 23
Pin7 - 17
Pin8 - 17

Also measured the ground and power and I get 3.3v
More
7 years 8 months ago #4004 by CygnusX1

pablopersona wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

MBA Easy Flash that I got from this site. I plugged in the magsafe for a few min and if I hold down on the clip to make sure it has a good connection the Pi will not turn on. Am I doing something wrong?

Pin1 - 24
Pin2 - 21
Pin3 - 17
Pin4 - 25
Pin5 - 19
Pin6 - 23
Pin7 - 17
Pin8 - 17

What version of the PI are you using?!

More
7 years 8 months ago #4005 by pablopersona

CygnusX1 wrote:

pablopersona wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

Pin1 - 24
Pin2 - 21
Pin3 - 17
Pin4 - 25
Pin5 - 19
Pin6 - 23
Pin7 - 17
Pin8 - 17

Raspberry Pi Model B
More
7 years 8 months ago #4006 by CygnusX1

pablopersona wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

pablopersona wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

Raspberry Pi Model B

Pin1 - 24 CS
Pin2 - 21 MISO
Pin3 - 17 WP
Pin4 - 25 GRD
Pin5 - 19 MOSI
Pin6 - 23 SCLK
Pin7 - 17 HOLD
Pin8 - 17 3.3V

Cables need to be no longer then 20cm
You can wire pin 3, pin 7 and pin 8 to 3,3v and be sure to have at least 2.4amps

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4016 by pablopersona

CygnusX1 wrote:

pablopersona wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

pablopersona wrote:

CygnusX1 wrote:

Raspberry Pi Model B

Pin1 - 24 CS
Pin2 - 21 MISO
Pin3 - 17 WP
Pin4 - 25 GRD
Pin5 - 19 MOSI
Pin6 - 23 SCLK
Pin7 - 17 HOLD
Pin8 - 17 3.3V

Cables need to be no longer then 20cm
You can wire pin 3, pin 7 and pin 8 to 3,3v and be sure to have at least 2.4amps

I've done all that and still have the same issue. Do you have any other troubleshooting tips?

Edit: I just used a 5v-2.85A power supply for the Pi and still doesn't boot on a firm connection. I think I have the same issue as this guy but it never got solved: www.ghostlyhaks.com/forum/raspberry-pi/45-raspberry-pi-b-shuts-down-when-connecting
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by pablopersona.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4017 by CygnusX1
Send me a picture of your setup.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4018 by pablopersona

CygnusX1 wrote: Send me a picture of your setup.

Attachments:
More
7 years 8 months ago #4031 by CygnusX1
I just received an A1466 today that I cannot get a reading off of to save my life. I tried with the battery charged, noting. Battery charged and magsafe connected, no dice. I even tried with either or bot power supplies disconnected and nothing. I have even tried 2 different clips! no joy. Since it is looking for a 4 pin combination, I am just going to brute force it.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4038 by pablopersona

CygnusX1 wrote: I just received an A1466 today that I cannot get a reading off of to save my life. I tried with the battery charged, noting. Battery charged and magsafe connected, no dice. I even tried with either or bot power supplies disconnected and nothing. I have even tried 2 different clips! no joy. Since it is looking for a 4 pin combination, I am just going to brute force it.

I wish I could brute it. Mine goes to internet recovery and asks for an ID to reinstall. There is no pin for me.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4071 by therealjayvi
If need be there are many of us here that I'm sure would be more than happy to help you out if you'd wish to send your MacBook out. I know I'm not the only one here that does this, I typically try not to advertise about it here so as not to be steppin on toes and such, but if you would be interested my website is www.efipassword.com you are more than welcome to use the site to register and send me your MacBook and I'd be glad to assist.
More
7 years 7 months ago #4111 by reverendalc
you shouldn't even be able to load internet recovery if it's iCloud locked, it should say "this computer has been disabled" or whatever as soon as the console loads.

is your macbook iCloud locked, or are you just fighting an EFI password?
More
7 years 7 months ago #4118 by pablopersona

reverendalc wrote: you shouldn't even be able to load internet recovery if it's iCloud locked, it should say "this computer has been disabled" or whatever as soon as the console loads.

is your macbook iCloud locked, or are you just fighting an EFI password?

Do you have any recommendations? I think the hard drive was wiped and it just boots to a flashing "?" folder. When I press alt/option to try to boot to USB, Nothing happens, just keeps blinking and eventually a black screen. When I press CMD+R, it takes me a spinning globe where I can enter wi-fi credentials. I tried it a few months ago but from what I remember it loaded into a recovery and when I tried to reinstall it asked for credentials and then iCloud/FMI alert went off.
More
7 years 7 months ago #4119 by reverendalc
that's curious. the [?] screen happens when somebody remote erases via iCloud, but you should certainly expect the EFI lock screen when attempting to boot with ALT.

can you clear the NVRAM with CMD/OPT/P/R, or boot single user or safe mode?

if those don't work, but it doesn't greet you with the padlock, next i would connect a USB keyboard to be sure that you're actually sending ALT/OPT when pressing the keys.

do you have another mac or a usb enclosure you can use to install OS X on that ssd, and then try to boot the mac from it?
More
7 years 7 months ago #4120 by pablopersona

reverendalc wrote: that's curious. the [?] screen happens when somebody remote erases via iCloud, but you should certainly expect the EFI lock screen when attempting to boot with ALT.

can you clear the NVRAM with CMD/OPT/P/R, or boot single user or safe mode?

if those don't work, but it doesn't greet you with the padlock, next i would connect a USB keyboard to be sure that you're actually sending ALT/OPT when pressing the keys.

do you have another mac or a usb enclosure you can use to install OS X on that ssd, and then try to boot the mac from it?

I think I tried clearing the NVRAM but I will try again tomorrow morning just to make sure.

I'm looking on ebay and having some trouble finding a cheap 2014 SSD enclosure. Do you have any suggestions?

Who's Online

We have 400 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies