Reply: RPi turning off when connecting MBA Easy Clip?

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.
X

Topic History of: RPi turning off when connecting MBA Easy Clip?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

7 years 8 months ago
RPi turning off when connecting MBA Easy Clip?

Have you tried ALT booting a USB install media?

That should get you up and running

7 years 8 months ago

reverendalc wrote: OWC makes an external enclosure called envoy. it's definitely not cheap, but most mac related stuff isn't.
i would ask around and try to find a friend with a comparable macbook pro/air, and simply use theirs to install OS X on your ssd.

try booting with:
CMD/OPT/P/R to reset nvram
ALT to specify alternative boot device
CMD/R to load recovery console
T to boot in target disk mode

if your mac is iCloud locked, then all of these boot options should result in the padlock password screen. if you're not ever seeing that screen, it's simply progressing to the [?] without performing any action, i would try an external keyboard to make sure that you're actually sending those commands. i had a macbook with a bad ALT button once.

So I just tested it out. Cmd+s, cmd+v during boot is disabled. It just waits a while and then shows a flashing folder. If I boot it without pressing anything, it shows the flashing folder as well.

Cmd+r asks to download a recovery, alt/option asks to connect to network. It does look like T enters target disk mode though. I see the symbol.

I also reset the NVRAM about 3 times.

7 years 8 months ago

OWC makes an external enclosure called envoy. it's definitely not cheap, but most mac related stuff isn't.
i would ask around and try to find a friend with a comparable macbook pro/air, and simply use theirs to install OS X on your ssd.

try booting with:
CMD/OPT/P/R to reset nvram
ALT to specify alternative boot device
CMD/R to load recovery console
T to boot in target disk mode

if your mac is iCloud locked, then all of these boot options should result in the padlock password screen. if you're not ever seeing that screen, it's simply progressing to the [?] without performing any action, i would try an external keyboard to make sure that you're actually sending those commands. i had a macbook with a bad ALT button once.

7 years 8 months ago

reverendalc wrote: that's curious. the [?] screen happens when somebody remote erases via iCloud, but you should certainly expect the EFI lock screen when attempting to boot with ALT.

can you clear the NVRAM with CMD/OPT/P/R, or boot single user or safe mode?

if those don't work, but it doesn't greet you with the padlock, next i would connect a USB keyboard to be sure that you're actually sending ALT/OPT when pressing the keys.

do you have another mac or a usb enclosure you can use to install OS X on that ssd, and then try to boot the mac from it?

I think I tried clearing the NVRAM but I will try again tomorrow morning just to make sure.

I'm looking on ebay and having some trouble finding a cheap 2014 SSD enclosure. Do you have any suggestions?

7 years 8 months ago

that's curious. the [?] screen happens when somebody remote erases via iCloud, but you should certainly expect the EFI lock screen when attempting to boot with ALT.

can you clear the NVRAM with CMD/OPT/P/R, or boot single user or safe mode?

if those don't work, but it doesn't greet you with the padlock, next i would connect a USB keyboard to be sure that you're actually sending ALT/OPT when pressing the keys.

do you have another mac or a usb enclosure you can use to install OS X on that ssd, and then try to boot the mac from it?

7 years 8 months ago

reverendalc wrote: you shouldn't even be able to load internet recovery if it's iCloud locked, it should say "this computer has been disabled" or whatever as soon as the console loads.

is your macbook iCloud locked, or are you just fighting an EFI password?

Do you have any recommendations? I think the hard drive was wiped and it just boots to a flashing "?" folder. When I press alt/option to try to boot to USB, Nothing happens, just keeps blinking and eventually a black screen. When I press CMD+R, it takes me a spinning globe where I can enter wi-fi credentials. I tried it a few months ago but from what I remember it loaded into a recovery and when I tried to reinstall it asked for credentials and then iCloud/FMI alert went off.

Who's Online

We have 405 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies