RPi turning off when connecting MBA Easy Clip?

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #4126 by reverendalc
OWC makes an external enclosure called envoy. it's definitely not cheap, but most mac related stuff isn't.
i would ask around and try to find a friend with a comparable macbook pro/air, and simply use theirs to install OS X on your ssd.

try booting with:
CMD/OPT/P/R to reset nvram
ALT to specify alternative boot device
CMD/R to load recovery console
T to boot in target disk mode

if your mac is iCloud locked, then all of these boot options should result in the padlock password screen. if you're not ever seeing that screen, it's simply progressing to the [?] without performing any action, i would try an external keyboard to make sure that you're actually sending those commands. i had a macbook with a bad ALT button once.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by reverendalc.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4150 by pablopersona

reverendalc wrote: OWC makes an external enclosure called envoy. it's definitely not cheap, but most mac related stuff isn't.
i would ask around and try to find a friend with a comparable macbook pro/air, and simply use theirs to install OS X on your ssd.

try booting with:
CMD/OPT/P/R to reset nvram
ALT to specify alternative boot device
CMD/R to load recovery console
T to boot in target disk mode

if your mac is iCloud locked, then all of these boot options should result in the padlock password screen. if you're not ever seeing that screen, it's simply progressing to the [?] without performing any action, i would try an external keyboard to make sure that you're actually sending those commands. i had a macbook with a bad ALT button once.

So I just tested it out. Cmd+s, cmd+v during boot is disabled. It just waits a while and then shows a flashing folder. If I boot it without pressing anything, it shows the flashing folder as well.

Cmd+r asks to download a recovery, alt/option asks to connect to network. It does look like T enters target disk mode though. I see the symbol.

I also reset the NVRAM about 3 times.
More
7 years 8 months ago #4151 by reverendalc
Have you tried ALT booting a USB install media?

That should get you up and running

Who's Online

We have 683 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies