Will Flashing the EFI Remove find my Mac

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 5 months ago #4984 by Soullessbeast2
So about a month ago I came to terms that I was ripped off on Craigslist when the 13" 2015 MBP I bought went into find my Mac and then an EFI password was required. I'm a hair away from buying this new EZ flash tool but then remembered "find my Mac". If I were to purchase this tool and flash it would that also remove the "find my Mac" or is that another process??
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
  • .::iRizwan::.
  • Haxor Guru
  • Haxor Guru
  • One Machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men, No Machine can do the work of 1 extraordinary man
More
7 years 5 months ago #4987 by .::iRizwan::.
For Removing find my mac you may required to install fresh OS.

if i helped you Buy me a Coffee
More
7 years 5 months ago #4988 by Soullessbeast2
So my question is if I purchase thise new EZ flash lite and it unlocks the efi am I gonna be taken right back to the find my Mac screen or will it allow me to use my bootable flash drive to then install a new OS X from my bootable drive. I really wanna purchase the item I just want the reassurance that after I get the EZ flash tool light I won't be stuck yet again at the find my Mac screen.
More
7 years 5 months ago #4994 by reverendalc
to remove findmymac, you will use efidL to remove EFI password then install new copy of osx.

once EFI password has been removed and NVRAM has been cleared, iCloud is disabled. to disassociate findmymac, simply reinstall OS X and sign into your own iCloud account.
More
7 years 5 months ago #5020 by Soullessbeast2
Thank you very much I'm preparing to order the EZ flash lite... Last question/'s is does flashing it reset the NVRAM or do I need to press the sequence of buttons to reset the ram such as the PVRAM?
More
7 years 5 months ago #5022 by reverendalc
This process only removes the EFI lock. You must then remove the iCloud lock by resetting the NVRAM.

Boot with cmd-opt-p-r and continue to hold them until the computer reboots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soullessbeast2
More
7 years 5 months ago #5058 by Soullessbeast2

reverendalc wrote: This process only removes the EFI lock. You must then remove the iCloud lock by resetting the NVRAM.

Boot with cmd-opt-p-r and continue to hold them until the computer reboots.

Thank you very much for your response and insite. Sorry one more question though. I thought I made a proper working bootable usb drive using transmac with what I thought was the newest version of OSX but before I even installed it I attempted to format the sdd thinking it would be beneficial and even before the lock was put on I think I formatted the wrong partition and the "bios" commands wouldn't work and I would get the folder with the ? On it. It asked me to recover online first and once I did that's when the EFI lock and FMM lock came on. Could I have a bad copy of an OSX I attempted many different downloads of OSX many times for the bootable drive recreating it using transmac each time could that be the issue or once I unlock it and reset the NVRAM should I be able to boot straight from the bootable drive I've already made or new one I make?? If not are there any tutorials on here you could lead me to for creating a OSX bootable usb?? Also just in case any tutorials for removing FMM?? Please I have the last bit of my money tied into this thing. I was in need of another laptop about a month ago for school and I knew the deal on Craigslist where I bought it. I kinda thought was too good to be true but he even provided a printed receipt. So I went against my better judgment and bought it. The seller almost immediately became unreachable so I kinda assumed the following would happen with the lock but as a computer engineer major I figured could break past any barriers with a few tutorials and websites help. I'm completely unfamiliar with macs however and resources are extremely scarce so my thinking I was dead wrong. Which is why I invested 150$ (close to the last of my savings) into the EFIDL and now I'm just hoping and praying I don't encounter anymore issues. I'm not trying to be baggy or nah anyone and This is why I'm just trying to explain my situation hoping even more people here will empathize with my situation and add there feedback and experience not to say anything I've received so far hasn't been extremely helpful and I'm extremely grateful for it. Thanks in advance to any and all responses.
More
7 years 5 months ago #5060 by reverendalc
the specifics of how and why you have a locked MacBook are irrelevant. also, what must be done to remove FMM has been explained.

you should gain access to another mac, and use diskmakerX to create a usb installer. that would be the simplest method for you.
if you must do it from a windows PC, then google will yield many helpful results about making an OS X installer.

you can find the installer package on thepiratebay.org or the like.

if you erase or replace the SSD or HDD on a locked mac, you will be greeted by the [ ? ] screen. The iCloud lock is tied to the OS install.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soullessbeast2
More
7 years 5 months ago #5081 by TNJed
There are plenty of tutorials online about Mac recovery and the like but to help get you started; if you create your bootable OSX USB drive insert it in your computer then press and hold the Option key immediately after hitting the power button, it will present an icon for all bootable volumes. If your USB drive shows up, select it and install OSX. If not your bootable drive isn't working.
More
7 years 5 months ago #5098 by reverendalc
I don't know what your computer setup is like, but install a Linux distribution in a virtual machine and go from there if windows is kicking your butt
More
7 years 5 months ago #5101 by Soullessbeast2
On the Mac I'm tryin to unlock ?
Still haven't heard back when my EFIDL IS comin in order almost a week ago.
More
7 years 5 months ago #5102 by reverendalc
no, on the computer that you're trying to make the USB install media with.

please PM me with your order details and i will check the status for you.

have you successfully created a USB install disk yet?

Who's Online

We have 352 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies