need advice about a1466 2015

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5236 by Synedsylle
ok i have a macbook air a1466 emc2925 , with the small header ( the 4.0.3 kind ) now there no EFIDL a viable anymore what are the possible solution to remove efi lock

i have the easy flash adapter 4.0.2 that i received today thx for it ,

here the solution i was thinking
1# if i order the 4.0.3 what programmer i should use , look like the pi is out of the question cause it could brick the mac ,
2# im geting rework station for smd if i desolder the efi can i reprogramme it with the pi safely whit out briking the mac

thank for the help
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Synedsylle.
More
7 years 5 months ago #5246 by sm
Replied by sm on topic need advice about a1466 2015
Hey V4.0.3 only states that Raspberry Pi and MacBook Pro cannot work together, perhaps the admins could verify, but it does not state that MacBook airs do not work with it.
The only problem I see with V4.0.3 is the voltage regulation.
Does your MBA have the 8 pin chip on the normal face or bottom face of the board? (if any)
But again, I could be wrong, so I hope someone chimes in.
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5352 by reverendalc
I have used the raspberry pi on 2015 a1465 and a1466 without damaging the MacBook. I wasn't however able to get a clean read of the chip, and I've tried in every possible environment.

If you are to remove the chip, you may reprogram the chip with any programmer you like. There is something about 2015 models which doesn't play nicely with full SPI reads and writes (in circuit) which is why the efidL was released.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by reverendalc.

Who's Online

We have 292 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies