Macbook Air - install new system - need help

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Social: Call to a member function exists() on null. Please enable debug mode for more information.
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5974 by Zinyx
Hi. i need a little help.
I remove efi (bruteforce metod) and restart nvram. See only Recovery Disc.
Download mavericks.iso and make bootable pendrive in linux (dd). If try boot install from usb, then no start, only see logo apple, after dessapear and start normal recovery mode if click "Reinstall OS X" ask me internet connection.

I try use transmac and maveric.dmg but dont see pendrive in boot mode.

I run linux live and see disc is empty.

Gparted show 3 partitions:
/dev/sda1/ EFI system partition (fat32)
/dev/sda2/ Costumer (hfs+) and key icon
/dev/sda2/ Recovery HD (hfs+)

Someone help me install new system.
I have first mac in my life.

My Mac is Apple MacBook Air "Core i5" 1.7 11" (Mid-2012) > www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook-air/specs/macbook-air-core-i5-1.7-11-mid-2012-specs.html
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Zinyx.
More
7 years 3 months ago #5978 by negon
How are you trying to boot from the USB? Are you trying by pressing OPTION and selecting USB?

Have you tried burning a clean ISO of another Mac OS X and upgrading? For instance, burn Yosemite ISO to DVD and then upgrade through the app store.
More
7 years 3 months ago #5979 by SargFowler
Just use the Recovery disc/partition to reinstall?
I've always used a Mac to create installation media, so can't help you with a Linux created installer - sorry.
Anyone else used something other than a Mac to create an installer stick?
More
7 years 3 months ago #5981 by Zinyx
Yea, i press option and select boot from USB (OSX10.9), but nothing happend.
Logo apple disappear and see "icon" like picture.

Where can find 100% work iso ?
Attachments:
More
7 years 3 months ago #5984 by SargFowler
And the Recovery 10.9.2 doesn't work? The ISO you've got looks like a Hackintosh ISO. This won't work.
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #5987 by Zinyx
Recovery 10.9.2 doesn't work, if try recovery then ask me to internet connection and show some error...

Yea, me too think is the Hackintosh "Niresh" iso, now download another .dmg OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 (13F34) bootable USB (DMG File) and try use transmac in windows...
I hope sucessful install... But probably i need run hackintosh on pc or vmware, and i don't how, never have Mac OS X

I have enought this mac, three days manual put pin to unlock and end to 8752 :woohoo:
Now another horror to install system :S
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Zinyx.
More
7 years 3 months ago #5993 by negon
Yeah - it looks like you have a bad or incompatible ISO. That symbol (circle with a line through it) always comes up when an ISO or disc is not bootable on that machine.

You need a clean ISO. If you do torrents, there's a clean ISO here: thepiratebay.org/torrent/11054371/OS_X_Mavericks_10.9.5_(13F34)_bootable_USB_(DMG_File)
More
7 years 3 months ago #5994 by Zinyx
I must run MAC OS X in VMware and create USB , Transmac in windows not work.
Now i have worked usb and now installing Mavericks...

What thinks to install El Capitan in this mac ?
And have anoter question, i need create Apple ID & iClod after installation?
I don't want again lock EFI
More
7 years 3 months ago #5995 by reverendalc
Yes I would install sierra. It will run just fine.

If you've reinstalled OS X and cleared nvram, there is no chance of iCloud lock again. If you are concerned, you may sign in with your own iCloud to create new ownership on Apple servers, but the previous ownership has already been broken.

Kudos on the brute force!
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #6331 by CornholioGSM
hmm interesting.
i have cleared bios pw, reset PRAM, wipe ssd and installed 10.9.5...signed in with icloud account...all okey.
BUT after download and install 10.12 is the system back locked...and after downgrage unlocked.

EDIT...after again PRAM after install sierra problem solved :D
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by CornholioGSM.

Who's Online

We have 361 guests and no members online

N00BZ

• ljamal
  • ljamal74
  • mikeg2atest
  • ducchinhbui
  • anjarezt

Cookies